Another New Start

The scene opens up with a young man laying in his bed sound asleep. But soon enough he began to stir awake. He crawled out of bed and got dressed. He walked downstairs and saw his mom sitting at the dining table drinking a cup of coffee.

She heard his footsteps and turned to greet him.

Mom:"Good morning, (Y/n)!"

(Y/n):"Morning Mom."

Mom:"Your friend Lyra was here. She was just playing hide-and-seek with her Marill. Oh! I almost forgot! Our acquaintance, Prof. Elm, was looking for you. He said he had a favor to ask of you. You know where the lab is, right?"

(Y/n):"Yeah. It's next door, right?"

Mom:"Yep! And don't forget about your bag."

She walked over and gave him his stuff before he walked out the house and embraced the warmth of the sun. As he did this a Marill bumped into him. It spun around in dizziness before a voice spoke up.

?:"There you are Marill!"

They both looked over to their right and saw Lyra.

Marill cried happily before bouncing happily over to her

Marill cried happily before bouncing happily over to her. Lyra giggled and waved at (Y/n) who waved back with a smile on his face. She then walked back to her house. He then made his way to the lab and stepped right in and spoke with the professor.

Elm:"Hi, (Y/n)! I've been waiting for you! Do you know anything about my research? As you know, Pokemon are carried in Poke Balls these days

Elm:"Hi, (Y/n)! I've been waiting for you! Do you know anything about my research? As you know, Pokemon are carried in Poke Balls these days. But before Poke Balls were invented, people used to walk with Pokemon. Just like your friend Lyra does! Poke Balls are great because you can carry many Pokemon. In fact did you know the first recording of Poke Ball being used was in an ancient region called Hisui?"

(Y/n):"Hisui? Never heard of it."

Elm:"That's because last year on January 28, records were found with the ancient history?"

(Y/n):"That's pretty cool honestly."

Elm:"Agreed. Anyway, back to my research. Walking with Pokemon must have some advantages. It could have to do with something with how Pokemon grow or evolve... So I'm going to give you a Pokemon!"