Chapter 4

Scp-#

T̶h̶e̶ F̶l̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ H̶u̶m̶a̶n̶o̶i̶d̶ The Living Light

Due to information provided through the drawings of Scp-#, it appears that there are more instances, but they do not reproduce or even create new instances, rather they go through a reincarnation cycle.

Scp-# also appears to be shorter than the average size of their kind, measuring at 70 cms.

Their behavior varies but it most displays a child like behavior, and is often seen wandering around, they are often seen wanting to befriend the many security guards, an order to the guards to not befriend the scp in order for the scp not to get attach and possibly enter a depression state when they are dead.

Scp-# is genderless but it shows that other instances can have either feminine or masculine characteristics, that depends on the hairstyles, masks, ect.

As to scp-#'s communication skills, it seems that it communicates through honking and gestures, 89 gestures have been currently shown.

Currently the scp is learning basic sign language.

------------

Moth was confused on why they needed to learn sign language seeing how their gestures and honks were enough on their home-world but thought nothing of it as they got a pb and j sandwich for lunch.

They went about their day, waving hi to the guards and trying to befriend them but to no avail, which made them think that they must be very serious in their job.

The moth honked at a female researcher who was working on a report and the researcher called her a "Suzume".

But alas the moth never understood, so the researcher showed them an image of a suzume, which was a sparrow, brown and small.

The moth left afterwards honking away.

----------

The moth peeked through the window, it was being cross tested with Scp-457 otherwise known as the Burning Man.

Though doesn't actually have a human controlling it, the scp is actually a sentient flame whose intelligence grows if provided with more fuel.

Seeing how the moth isn't affected by fire or even acknowledge that they were on top of a fire they decided that it's flame immunity must have some use, so they sent them in.

The moth looked curious but also in awe of how big the flames were, in all pretty lights.

Meanwhile Scp-457 seemed curious and confused on why they don't burn until they became a little cautious.

"What's wrong Scp-457?" Asked a researcher.

"Light, like me, but not. Light..... pure...... unaware..... still child....." said Scp-457 as it approached the moth and the moth brought out its red candle to which the burning man added its own flame making the candle melt a little faster.

The moth was happy and hugged the scp, also making their cape glow as their stars start to regain their shine.

After the cross testing, the moth was sent back to their room and they began to draw.

The moth rubbed its eyes, feeling tired but not before noticing that they felt a presence, a presence that could only mean one thing!

The moth raced out of its room and fly towards the presence before seeing a pale light in the same position they had always see other spirits in, a curled up position waiting for someone to guide them through their moments and back to their own light.

It looked similar to one of the many guards stationed here, so the moth got their candle putting it up behind the spirit before looking at their last moments.

It began with them walking down the hall, before looking shocked but afraid before running down another hall before going face to face with something in the wall before disappearing, his helmet off and his fearful expression was clear as he was no more.

The moth was sad, remembering few of the spirits having their last moments in fear.

It put up its candle and pale hue was bright and it shot up through the ceiling and it disappeared.

------------

"Scp-#, what are you drawing?" Asked Dr. Graham.

The moth slouched, looking sad at the drawing before showing it at Dr. Graham.

It seemed to look like a guard but more pale, which was odd since scp-# usually draw them in black and grey.

Then another picture showed that the guard was getting pulled into a void on the wall and scp-# witnessed it before putting up their candle and the guard turned to a speck and flew off.

Dr. Graham got the drawings and given it to Dr. Claymore.

"The only scp we have on site with that ability to suck people into walls is...... Scp-106, which considering this, scp-106 hasn't even gone out of its containment cell, it's still in it's dormant state." Said Dr. Claymore.

"So what Scp-# saw was a glimpse into the past? Seeing a ghost?" Asked Dr. Graham.

"Most likely, we will have another interview with Scp-#." Said Dr. Claymore.

---------

In the deep darkness of the world, a small portal opens up and a large black slithering dragon begins its journey to find and destroy the light.

As it began its quest, another creature appears through the portal, a small manta flew away, feeling the presence of a child of light.