Prologue

You shouldn't be here......

Whispering winds somehow whispered to them as the small moth looked at the raging clouds and the yellow glow in the middle of the storm.

It was right, the moth shouldn't be here, it only explored the area when their friends lead them, the more colorful and experienced of them.

It played with its fingers, nervous of what to do but it remembered.

It was trying to prove that they were just as adventurous and brave like their friends, it felt that they were worthless compared to their friends and that they considered her a weakling.

The moth was still when it's mind served as their own manipulating enemy, spewing false visions of one day their friends would leave them behind and brush them off as a bad memory.

The moth posed in a determined manner, before marching to the edge and quickly took the leap before even trying to recoil in fear, it's cape spreading out to catch the harsh winds.

The winds howled furiously and suddenly the moth turned regretful of their decision but calming itself down telling itself that the winds always change here, their friends always tell her stories of the golden wastelands.

Until suddenly the winds turned into a giant storm, and suddenly the moth was dragged away from the wastelands by the other wind currents.

The moth cried out, honking loudly to try and catch someone's attention but no one had heard them, they were barreled around, like the winds considered them a rag doll they had used for their stress relief.

The moth cried again before being knocked out.

-------------

The moth woke up, it lay comfortably in the sand, it reminded them of the sands where it first journeyed its 'birthplace'.

As they looked around, and quickly crawled away from the waters that threatened to spill over them, they stopped to take in the view of this new place, a sun rising out of the water as pink, orange, and yellow mixed perfectly with each-other as they took over the dark blues.

It honked, but the honk almost sounded like a sigh of relief low and wavered in relaxation.

But soon after it began to journey this strange place as it saw different lights, other beings like them living here?

It was shy but it pushed itself to explore remembering their other moths, some were straight out confident while some were shy and scared, like they were.

It refuses to be meek, besides they did become stranded here because of wanting to be more brave, so it shook off the sand and began its journey.

The city was strange, posts that held art, people many times larger and seeing smaller beings like it and they were overjoyed waving hi and clapping its hands.

The smaller being looked confused but giggling, their mouths opening into a smile showing off their small and stubby teeth before the bigger beings that held their hand pulled them in closer looking strangely at the moth.

The moth soon say a store it explored it and was taken by the colors and journeyed through, seeing food being given by people who held out a green rectangle with a face imprinted on it.

The moth soon was attracted to one of the vendors that gave out different shapes and colored disk like things that always held a brown hue in them, but they smelled so delicious.

But as soon as it realized that it couldn't have one since they didn't have that strange currency, it was distressed and just sat their moping around as they looked at the thing it so desired.

Soon enough someone, who just felt pity for the poor little guy just wanting a cookie and gave them a 100 dollar bill.

The moth was dumbfounded but happy that the kind stranger gave them the currency and waved its hand to catch the worker who saw the moth pointing at the cookie as it held out the bill.

The worker, who was running on coffee, didn't notice the moths strange face and took the bill, gave them the change and packed the entire cookie, giving them a big box.

The moth was overjoyed but didn't expect to get the entire cookie but if waddled off to the food court, sat down and ate the cookie, after having its fill and seeing that they had leftovers, it decided to gift the cookie leftovers to the random people here.

It gave one piece to a toddler who squealed in delight and returned to the table where their family was watching.

Another gave to a boy who looked sad at the empty seat, who looked at the moth in confusion at its face but decided to take a photo with the moth and send it off somewhere as he thanked the moth who honked in return and waved goodbye.

And the final piece gone was saved up as they wanted to thank the kind stranger, as it looked down through the glass, the stranger was their talking to a friend.

The moth soon climbed up the glass and the people saw in shock as this supposedly crazy suicidal maniac jumped off and they were in shock when their 'coat' opened up and they flew.

The kind stranger and their friend stopped in shock as the moth landed in front of them and held up a piece of the cookie.

Everyone paused only looking at the moth that was unaware that it caused some panic amongst them, the stranger hesitantly but accepted the cookie as people took out their phones and went live in streams and took photos.

But suddenly the building was on lockdown and people in strange black and grey uniforms came in and held out their guns yelling at the moth.

The moth looked confused but scared, it was shaking like a leaf and didn't understand what it did wrong, but it gestured that it wanted forgiveness and curled up shaking, scared of what to do.

Soon enough it was carried away and everyone was given amnestics, forgetting the moth.