Chapter 13: School Talk

Start from the beginning

Carefully, he glanced over the two adults and... they weren't looking at him with pity or disgust or hatred. Nothing negative. Rather, they simply looked shocked and... impressed? That couldn't be right.

Aizawa sighed, his face almost blank, albeit a small furrow to his brow for an unreadable reason.

"I still stand by what I said problem child." Izuku could only blink in relief and a bit of shock.

"We technically cannot disclose any information on the exam to either of you" Yama shot a glance between Hitoshi and Izuku, "but Hitoshi's quirk won't do much in the practical, meaning he will fight without his quirk for the most part. If we believe he can get in, then you certainly can."

Hitoshi smirked and leaned forward, "Not to mention, I still can't beat Zuku, so he would definitely pass."

Izuku was cornered and he had to pull his trump card, not that it was anything special. Just another thing he was keeping hidden from anyone he could. Keeping his information secret was a defense mechanism, sue him.

"As much as I appreciate it, I have already completed high school curriculum." He kept a small, somewhat strained smile on his face. "That's why I am working here, I finished my last year a few months ago and wanted a job."

It was more like he needed the job, but they didn't need to know that. As far as anyone was concerned, he lived with his dad who was almost always in America for business. And even that lie was one more thing he would keep under wraps for as long as possible.

The heroes were definitely surprised, even Aizawa's eyebrows twitch up at the information.

"You could still apply in order to get a hero license", Hitoshi argued, "plus that just means the other classes would be easy or omitted from your schedule."

Aizawa sighed once more and gulped down the last of his coffee that he has been sipping on throughout the conversation. "Honestly kid? I think that just makes you more qualified. Nezu would be thrilled to have you." The hero shuddered at the thought of his boss.

They wouldn't give up. Izuku knew this from the start, but he had some hope, okay?

"...I'll think about. Now, if you'll excuse me" he gave them a bow and small smile before walking away to get back to work.

The family kept glancing in his direction until they left and Yamada patted his hair while they were leaving. Izuku would never admit how much that made his chest tighten nor how much he wished the hero would do it again.

~ ~ ~

A day before applications close, Izuku sat at his computer, mouse hovering over the submit button. It really wasn't a good idea, UA did extensive background checks, and it isn't like he needed to go to high school anyways, he was already taking some free online college courses for fun.

After lots of thinking, he had decided to write himself an application for the support course. The Yamazawa family, as he fondly called them much to Aizawa's exasperation, were definitely expecting him in the hero course. But there was an issue. Izuku couldn't show off his real fighting skills.

Thanks to his information gathering, *cough* hacking into UA *cough*, he knew the hero entrance exam practical was fighting robots. Of course, he could easily get in by defeating them, but he wasn't ready to show his whole hand just yet. Aizawa had seen some of his fighting skills, but if he saw him in the practical, he might start making connections or conclusions.

He didn't mean to brag, but Izuku was skilled. He was trained. And that would make him stand out, especially to a certain underground hero who he patrolled with every other night.

A hero license would be nice so he wouldn't have to run from the heroes or police, but he could transfer during the sports festival if he ended up wanting to risk it.

So, in the end, he had made his application for the support course. It was something he actually wanted to do anyways. He could become better at making support gear as well as get his hands on some nice materials that didn't come from old electronics and trashed machinery. He would just have to be careful when making things for Rabbit. He did not need another person finding him out because he was careless about who saw his gear.

Before he could come to a full decision, the computer screen suddenly changed showing two bold words 'Submission Complete'. Izuku glanced over to see Sushi with one paw on his mouse, pressing down the button.

After a moment of silence, he shook his head. "You did that on purpose."

She simply mewed in response before jumping on his shoulders, purring. At this point he was 100% sure that Sushi had some kind of quirk and could understand humans. She responded to questions and at some point, she started to help him build gear. It took a while, but she learned what certain parts were and would fetch things for him as well as bring him back on task if he got distracted. Thanks to that, he was surprisingly more productive.

Patting her head, he chuckled, "maybe I should try to get permission for you to join me."

She chirped and rubbed against his check while he walked them to his bed. For all his worry about getting found out, he couldn't deny the small bubble of excitement in his chest. UA had been his dream school before everything. Before his childhood crashed down around him.

"UA huh? Guess my dream isn't so dead after all."

~ ~ ~

A/N: Izuku needs some head pats and hugs. And he shall get them (eventually).

Also my current posting schedule is wack, but I am trying to now post on Friday/Saturday every week!