Chapter 6 - Parents

A/N: Sorry that the previous chapters were so rushed and stuff!

~

'You all right?' Thomas asked when Brenda suddenly sat down on the ground.

'Shit.' Brenda lifted her trouser leg a little and I saw a bite in her leg.

'Brenda...' Thomas said. She was bit by a Crank and it wouldn't take long until she turned into one of them.

'Yeah, yeah. I know.' She wrapped a cloth around the wound and then she got up again. 'Let's just go find Marcus.'

We walked trough a poor village. I saw a few people with dirt covering their faces and ripped clothes. Not that I looked very better. My shirt was ripped and I saw dirt all over my hands, probably also on my face.

'Try to blend in.' Brenda said when people gave us glances.

'Are you sure this is the place?' I asked when I didn't see anything interesting.

Brenda didn't react and kept walking, until we were at a more crowded place. I saw a big red flag with white letters 'Zone A'. We started walking towards a door.

'You here for the party?' A man stood in front of us. He had blond hair with a purple jacket. He was wearing a few necklaces and rings.

'No.' Thomas replied. 'We're looking for Marcus.'

'This is his place, isn't it?' Brenda asked.

'This is my place.' The man said. He gave me an odd feeling as he was talking.

'Are you Marcus?' Thomas asked the man.

'Marcus doesn't live here anymore.' A woman started to get close to Thomas.

'Do you know where we can find him?' Thomas looked at the man.

'Sure, sure. He's over in Zone B.'

'Okay. Where's Zone B?' I asked.

'It's where they burn the bodies.' The woman with blond hair and a crop top whispered in my ear, what made me shiver.

'Okay, look, has anyone else been here... looking for him?' Thomas asked.

'Group of kids around our age.' I added.

'They had a girl with them. Dark hair.' Thomas said.

'You know...' The man paused. 'I think they might be inside.' He motioned at the door. 'Here.' He grabbed a bottle with green liquid out of his inside pocket. 'Drink this.' He held the bottle in front of us.

'What's that?' I asked when I saw it was green.

'The price of admission.' He shook the bottle lightly. 'Drink it!'

I grabbed the bottle out of his hands and putted it on my mouth. When I drank it I could feel a burning feeling go trough my throat. It was a little bit like Gally's drink, even more disgusting actually.

I handed it to Brenda and she started drinking.

'Your turn.' The woman said to Thomas.

'All right.' Thomas grabbed the bottle and putted it to his mouth. The woman held it too and poured a lot of the liquid in. Thomas' face looked disgusted and he let out a few coughs.

'You three, enjoy the party.' The man opened the door and we got in.

'Maybe we should split up.' Thomas said once we got inside. 'See if we can find the others.

'You sure?' I looked around me. It smelled like incense. People were dancing and it was very crowded. Some girls were dancing and Thomas looked at them, his eyes looked a little blurred.