Chapter 16-Just Once

Start from the beginning

Discreetly removing my hand, I also pull away from Joanna enough to peck her lips. "We're here."

"Hmm?" She leans forward to keep kissing me, her eyes heavy lidded.

"We're outside your building." I smile against her lips.

"Do you want to come up?"

There's nothing I want more, but I can't help wondering how much the alcohol she had is influencing her right now. Appearing to read my mind, she cups my face, and her beautiful brown eyes look deep into mine.

"I want you to come with me, Sage."

Reaching for my wallet, I hand the driver some cash before stepping out of the cab and rush to her door to let her out. Once we're in the elevator we're all over each other once again.

Pulling away, my eyes search hers. "Joanna, are you sure?"

She blinks through the lust haze and her eyebrows furrow. "Yes, I'm sure. Do...do you not want to?"

I rest my forehead on hers, sighing. "Desperately, but..."

"Please don't tell me no." Her fingers curl around my shirt and she pulls me down to her, brushing her lips softly against mine. The elevator dings signaling our arrival to her floor and she pulls me out while we continue kissing.

She manages to open her door as we continue kissing. The sound of her purse landing on the floor after she tosses reaches my ears. I close the door behind us as she starts removing my jacket, followed by hers. 

Joanna kicks off her high heels next and I do the same with my shoes and socks, as her hands start undoing my belt. I pull on the shoulders of the long sleeve, backless skin tight dress she's wearing, tugging it down to her waist and groan in appreciation when her bare full breasts grace me with their presence.

Maverick and Goose whine from their kennels. "I should let them out," she says in between her kisses, working on the buttons of my shirt.

"Joanna, it's been a long time. I...I probably won't last." I warn, grabbing the condom Tanner gave me as a joke earlier—I'll have to thank him later—from my wallet and then I pull my legs out of my pants before I lift her up, her legs wrapping around me.

"I don't care." Her teeth pull on my bottom lip as I walk down the hallway, my raging hard-on aches at her seductive impatience. Pushing the door she describers as hers open, I blindly search for the light switch and flip it on. I kick the door shut behind us and lay her down on the bed. I grip the material of her dress bunched around her waist to pull it down but her hands come over mine.

"Do you want to stop?"

She shakes her head. "No, I just...we should turn the lights off." Her hands move over her stomach and then I realize she's feeling self conscious with uncertainty in her eyes.

"You're beautiful, Joanna." I kiss the left side of her face. "Your body is beautiful." A kiss to the right side now. "And strong..." I kiss her lips. "You're perfect." 

My lips trail down to her chest as I ease my hand under the material of the dress and tug it down her thighs, leaving her only in red lace panties. Hovering over her as we kiss, our mouth's are hot, moving at a feverish pace. My hands palm her full breasts, rolling and pinching her pebbled nipples in my fingers. Her smooth olive skin is cool and damp from the rain.

"Sage." I never liked hearing my name more than I do right now. I reach for the condom, while she shimmies her panties down her gorgeous thick thighs. Repeating internally like a mantra to not damage the condom as I tear the foil package open. My eyes lift to hers, watching as I roll it on. I can't help wondering if she's fully aware of what's about to happen.