Bestfriend | p.jeongwoo

Treasure member: Park Jeongwoo
Plot: A boy named Park Jeongwoo is hopelessly Inlove with his bestfriend, Hwang Minjeong. I mean i don't blame him, she's perfect.... too perfect that he felt like he didn't have a chance. One day she opened up to jeongwoo and told him she was dating... his friend.

Jeongwoo's POV

Jeongwoo's POV

"Park Jeongwoo, I'm —" Minjeong exclaimed while I smiled at her. Is this the time where she finally confesses and we both start dating?

"I'm dating haruto." She stated. I felt my heart cracking into pieces. I felt heartbroken but managed to keep my smile.

"That's great to hear then. Does he take good care of you?" I questioned while smiling at her. But deep inside I felt really hurt.

"yes but sometimes we do fight. Nothing really serious though. I love him and he loves me." Minjeong exclaimed while jeongwoo nodded at her words.

His heart broke again at her last words."I love him and he loves me." Is destiny really that against us? He really never thought his bestfriend would date another one of his friends.

"Late at night, your drunk voice"

Present,02.25.2023,10:26 PM
Jeongwoo's POV

I was going off to bed when I heard my phone ring. I checked to see who is it when I saw her name displayed on my screen. "Minminjeongi ❤️"

I answered the call. "Yeoboseyo? (Hello?)" I greeted. I heard her grunt. "H-haruto??" She asks. I could hear it in her voice. She's drunk.

"Tells me something sad had happened"

"This isn't haruto I'm sorry. This is your bestfriend, Jeongwoo." I stated while she giggled. "Ahh park jeongwoo, My bestie." I heard her giggling while I smiled at her.

"Did something happen between you and ruto?" I questioned, making her silent. "Uhm" She mumbled hesitantly while I just hummed. "It's okay you don't have to tell me." I stated while she sighed.

"You said you had a big fight with him."

"No no it's okay I'll tell you." She blurted out. "We had a huge fight." Minjeong mumbles. "Continue." I stated while
She took a deep breathe. "Well I mostly caused all of this. I went home very late for like a week because I had to watch my mother in the hospital for a few hours and stay there until father returns but i didn't tell ruto." She Explains while I hummed in response.

"And asked me to comfort you."

"The worst part is that I... went overboard and told him 'well maybe I just don't feel anything between us anymore' which caused him to leave. I don't wanna leave him woo." She exclaimed, crying making Jeongwoo startled and shushed her."...please comfort me woo" He heard her say while he hummed in response.

"Either you or me, one of us a fool."

02.26.2023,8:41 AM
Still Jeongwoo's POV

"Thank you woo, me and Haruto made up." She smiled at me while I smiled back.

"Yeah no problem." I replied as I saw her go to Haruto.

"Are you just this dense or am I just not being obvious?" I mumbled looking at the sight of Her and Haruto hugging each other.

How i wish I was haruto. I'd give her anything she wants. I'll treat her like a princess.

"Cause I can't leave but I can't go to you."

02.26.2023,2:37 PM
"I know myself and I know I'll be staying with you and I know for a fact that I can't bear to leave you. I'm always here, I'll be your home." I stated while she looked at me, speechless. I then felt her embrace me into a hug.

(Yuh guys i used "Dear dream"'s Lyrics "I'll be your home" ;>)

"I'm just looking at you, who looks at him."

"Thank you, Woo. You're literally the best friend ever." She exclaims while I smiled at her. Friend. Yeah friends. Suddenly, Haruto approached us and invited me and Minjeong to go get food. She looked at Haruto and nodded while I just faked a smile and nodded.

We went to a cafe and I've never regretted anything more than ever. I could see Minjeong staring at Haruto, Lovingly every second while I shoved food in my mouth as I tried to stop myself from getting jealous. She was his girlfriend and I was just a friend.

I can't do anything about it, I don't have any privileges.

"As I comfort myself with tears."

02.26.2023,9:04 PM
Jeongwoo's POV

After me being a third wheel to them, I couldn't get over it. I loved her more and before Haruto did, but why does she love him? Why not me?

I thought, angrily then I noticed tears flowing. I'm crying? Is this how unrequited love feels like...? I slammed and trashed my room and I cried and cried. I stopped and fell on my floor. I scanned my room, It was a mess. I was a mess. What are you doing to me, Hwang Minjeong?

"Cause you're so beautiful to me."

02.27.2023, 7:45 AM
Jeongwoo's POV

"Hi Jeongwoo !" I heard a sweet voice say. I turn around and saw Minjeong.

Oh shit. I mentally cursed. My eyes looks so damn puffy and red. She can't see me like this, she'll ask me why and I'll be a stuttering mess.

"Jjeong jjeongiiii ~~? Are you ignoring me now?" She whined, making me so red at the nickname she gave me.

Jjeong jjeongi??? Is she serious right now? She's making me so confused. Is this how friends act? Call each other those cute ass nicknames?

"N-no I just uh didn't hear you." I replied, hesitantly as she looked at me with an eyebrow raised and smirked. She pinched my cheek.

"Jjeong jjeongi, do you perhaps like me?" She teased as I froze on my spot. She then patted my back and giggled.

"I'm just kidding, chill out jjeong jjeongi." She stated as I just awkwardly smiled.

"In the end, we're just friends."

Me and Minjeong were staring at each other like we were having a staring contest when Haruto approached us. Why must you always ruin my moment with her?

"Oh ruru ~" She clinged onto Haruto, Infront of me while Haruto just smiled at her behavior. Haruto then patted he head while she planted a peck on his cheek. I felt myself getting envious of Haruto, That should be me.

But in the end, were just friends afterall.

I got lazy and the ending just seemed dry idk but yeah bye

1072 words.