Chapter Eleven: Monster Mash? Monster Smashed.

Monster Mash - Bobby "Boris" Pickett, The Crypt-Kickers

"What the fuck are you wearing?" Louis rasped, eyes wild in horror as he took in the sight before him.

Niall stood with his hands rivetingly tense on his hips, a sour scowl pouring from his face as he heeded Louis' thickly staggered eyes that travelled all over his body. He blew air past his lips and the blond strands of hair that had fallen on his face momentarily flew away, before falling back to the same spot.

"I'm wearing what you told me."

"I never fucking told you this." Louis tilted the glasses that rested heavily on his nose and sank his head, raising his eyebrows at him through the dark lenses.

Niall threw his hands in the air in exasperation as he groaned, "Yes you did!"

A colourful, glossy horn that laid on top of his messy hair swayed from side to side with every rash motion he made, his bright tail connected to his neon yellow belt much the same. He was wearing a full white skin-tight suit that reached his neck, paired with white swim trunks that snuggly covered his lower half. Louis brought a fist up to his mouth, failing at hiding his amused grin. Fuck, this was glorious.

"I said we should go as matching pilots, not-not... how'd you even hear this anyway?" He stifled his laugh and flinched away when Niall made a move to pounce him.

"The line was really grainy, okay." Niall crossed his arms over his chest instead, puffing it out as he inspected Louis' costume with pockets of blazed eyes. Louis was wearing a dirty green pilot jumper with eclectic badges all over the tailored suit. His hair was purposefully messy and he had dark sunglasses sitting at the bridge of his nose, a vintage helmet held tightly to his chest which overflowed with Halloween candy, the Halloween candy Louis bought with Liam's money. Niall's shoulders slumped, "Fuck, I look proper ridiculous."

"Didn't you like, think... 'oh, ponies, that's weird, let me clarify with him before I buy a pony costume' would be smart?" Louis had a shit-eating grin on as he mimicked Niall's slow-drawn voice in an idiotic tone, more high-pitched than needed. He was miserably tip-toeing around laughter, face turning giddy and his cheeks pivoting crimson.

Niall didn't visibly react, just very annoyedly said, "No."

Now Louis was plainly laughing at Niall as he clutched his stomach with his free hand. "No, no, I love it, it's so...so unique-oh god!" Niall rolled his eyes as Louis tumbled backwards and hit his back against the front door, silent chuckles falling from his lips.

"Alright, it's not that funny."

"Oh fuck!"

A wavering smile appeared on Niall's face, and he quickly flushed red and covered his face with his hands, groaning. "Oh god." He moaned and a few seconds passed of Niall swallowing in his own criticising pity. He dropped his hands from his heated face and seemed more at peace with his costume. "You know what? I'mma make this work, I'm gonna be the best-dressed person there," Niall said with a determined finality to his voice, tilting his chin upwards and gazing at the night sky, the sounds of children screaming and running in playful twists parading around Louis' neighbourhood serving as background. "Laugh all you want, Tomlinson, just remember I'm gonna be the chick magnet tonight."

"Sure mate," Louis teased and finally calmed down, resting his back against the door. "But if I may say, I think only you can make this work."

Niall looked at Louis for a beat of silence, eyes unwavering and a soft furrow to his brows. "Thank you," he nodded, looking like he might actually have taken that to heart. Louis rolled his eyes and pushed off the door, walking past him with a pleasing nudge on Niall's back with his knuckle.