Chapter Four: Finely Dipped Frustration

Staying Alive - Bee Gees

Maniac - Michael Sembello

These are what archive machines look like - Stranger Things S4 E3 47:22

     There's this inexplicable pain coursing throughout Louis' muddled head, making him groan profoundly as he shifts slowly from the jumbled sheets and rubs a tender hand over his face, dragging it out. There are increasingly concerning gagging sounds reaching below him, gasping violently and anxious splattering noises.

Louis' eyes are closed shut and his eyebrows are furrowed together. "Niall... you good?"

No response.

Then Louis hears more splattering.

Then silence again.

"Never better baby."

Louis hums.

*****

Niall drove Louis back to his house reluctantly and swerved a couple of times and almost drove into the busy sidewalk, claiming his headache was getting the better of him. It was. He also claimed it's never happened before since he's Irish and he's got an alcohol intolerance. He doesn't.

Louis got home and flopped on his bed which did absolute wonders for his headache.

*****

School's been... mildly modest. Nothing extravagant other than more baffling parties Louis gets forcefully dragged into and Bob's Shakes (finally) happily gliding down his throat most days.

It's been okay, he supposes.

He's acing all his tests and actually putting effort into his lectures, which is nice.

But there's something off.

Something off with Louis.

He just doesn't. feel. good.

It may have something to do with anxiousness or with his medicine not working—it has a lot to do with that too, or...

It may have everything to do with Harry Styles and his profuse attempts at still trying to make his life a living, fiery, hell. The boy who still constantly, beyond profundity, lavishly forces Louis to hate everything more and more and more. Pushing his shoulder into his when they cross paths or dropping Louis' books or mocking him during lectures or intentionally tripping him are just a few of the many reasons why Louis can't stand anything anymore.

It seems that after their little irksome "hangout" at taking Niall back and Louis' short temper made Harry hate him resoundingly worse. Louis' noticed by the way he continuously has been aggravating and pestering and troubling Louis. every. fucking. goddamn. day.

And every time Louis calls him out or curses him out, Harry solely chuckles with an array of ghastly minions behind him and doesn't bat another eye at Louis' repeatedly sore state.

Harry Styles is making Louis hate everything and everyone.

Niall's noticed, too. Louis' drastic mood swings, not Harry's dubious manipulation.

"Hey mate, are you okay? You look, mad... is something off? Are you still taking your pills?" Niall's face was tenderly sweet and his eyes were a light shade of kind and blue.

Louis huffed. "Yes, Niall. I am fine."

Niall grimaced. "You sure buddy? I don't mean to pry but you seem, off..."

"I'm fine Niall." Louis was biting his tongue hard. He loves Niall, but he hates when they bring up the subject, or he isn't sure anymore cause now most things are starting to pinch at his skin.