Chapter One: Encountering Peculiarity

Before we start the fic, I've made a Spotify playlist and I'll be updating it with every chapter to voice what it's about in an 80's song so y'all like it. Lol. I just want to make this story as good as it gets.

Here: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2R9L6EJApB8dZesHnlhqfK?si=4PyF-z2ISS-PhudysSUKaA

Song: Runaway - Bon Jovi

Enjoy :)!

       Honestly, Louis has never felt freer

       Honestly, Louis has never felt freer. There's something so thrilling about the feeling. About the feeling of renewed fresh air blowing through his hair and up his sun-kissed skin and through his snazzy clothes, about the exhilarating burn in his legs with each push he worked himself on his worn-out bike, and for most, his favoured song buzzing into his ear through his barley functioning headphones that were scotched together.

It was early sunlit September and sadly, summer had just ended. It was refreshing to say the least, the baffling monotonous free time. Louis didn't do much in his time off, other than moving and tediously staying up late at night with Niall to drink cheap beer, watch bad TV, and play mindless board games they found at the back of his mum's old cupboard. They also went to parties, but most of those were shit, filled with too many assholes and too many girls Louis wasn't attracted to. He also got a temporary satisfactory job at Bob's Diner. The job was golden; paid decently an hour, deliciously complimentary greasy food all around, picturesque sunset sceneries through the windows covering the whole diner, and genuine good music playing through the diner's old jukebox.

But then he discovered his patience ran a little too thin with the fellow customers and he decided it might just be safe to quit than to render an elaborate and fucking undue scene. His mum did always tell him to be careful because he had a familiar tendency of using his fiery tongue and spirited persona to get his way. Louis was working on that.

Putting summer aside, Louis was currently biking in the direct path of his new college. He had transferred schools over the summer since they needed to move for his mum's new job and the college offered him a decent scholarship to be fair.

He was... excited. To say the least.  

Louis' mum, Johannah, had gotten a position over here in a small town off Chesire, so without a doubt they moved. It was almost discomfiting and embarrassing how much the family needed this. Since Louis' dad left about a year ago, they've been over a little of a money crisis, but they don't like to mention it.

It was also convenient and consoling to know that this was also Niall's college and Louis was just glad he was going to at least know one familiar face in front of a cluster of strangers.

So yeah, he was buzzing.

Currently though, Louis was biking on the side of the road next to the overgrown grass portion of the sidewalk, pink flowers and daisies growing on top without any rhythm to their path. The burning sun was beaming down on him bitterly and there was a small patch of sweat forming at the ick of his neck. His headphones were frequently slipping off his ears and falling to his shoulders and Louis had to constantly pull them back up, almost running into a stop sign as he did. His favourite song by Bon Jovi was ringing in his ear and Louis couldn't feel more utterly content.