13. Incoming Dragon

"Where are the princes?" Daemon demanded.

"Where are my sons?" Rhaenyra agreed. "Where?"

"They left your grace, they took their dragons. They didn't say where they were going." Erryk remarked. He preferred Davina to Daemon, and seeing Rhaenyra now. She was not a queen. She was a failure. She was Daemons bitch. Erryk knew Davina's temper but he also knew that her children kept her in line. Keeping them safe kept her from losing her head. Daemon didn't have a lid on his temper, his anger, he wanted the crown and the throne. He wanted the crown and the rest of the world was clouded. Rhaenyra wanted whatever made Daemon happy.

Davina had a purpose and a vision, a moral compass, Daemon was a ship sailing without an anchor going where ever the wind blew him, where ever his impulsive thoughts led him.

" where is my crown?" Rhaenyra almost seemed more worried about her jewels then her children as she moved frantically around the great Hall. "Where is it? where is it?"  she demanded.

"The princes your grace?" Erryk countered.

"They are running home." Daemon sneered. "Turning against their mother for Davina."

+

"Your grace, incoming dragons." Criston remarked.

"Daemon come to play?" Davina mused.

"The Strong boys." Criston corrected and Davina looked to Aegon as he rose up ready for a fight.

"Sit. Stay." Davina told him.

"Mother they are probably trying to-" Aegon began.

"They couldn't hurt me even if they tried." Davina corrected.

"I should go with you." Aegon remarked.

"You are the king now." Davina reminded him holding his face gently in her hands. "You don't take the risks, if this is trap which is unlikely but I know Criston worries." Davina smirked back at him. "Then I will handle what needs handling but I stand by my previous statement. Those boys are family. No one touches them." Davina instructed and Criston nodded. "Come on."

"Should I alert the-"

"Criston, I made you commander because you are good and loyal and brave." Davina reminded him. "Also because Harrold left," Davina added as they walked. "But you get the kings guard and those boys are going to be terrified and every lie Daemon or Rhaenyra spun to them will forge as fact in their minds if they are greeted with weapons at the ready."

"Davina," Criston whispered.

"Don't worry." Davina assured. "Call them back, I want to talk to them alone."

Davina stared up at the dragons descended. Joffrey smiled down at her as she extended her arms and he slid down to her.

"My boys!" Davina declared hugging Joffrey to her. "A lovely surprise." Davina assured. Joffrey was too little and his dragon too little to ride at the moment so he flew behind them, so Joffrey had rode with jace.

"They have Viserys crown. One of the knights brought it... mother crowned herself the queen." Jace remarked and Davina nodded slowly. "Grandsire wanted Aegon to be king didnt he?"

"He did. He told me himself." Davina agreed.

"Mother hasnt been the same since ser Harwin and... since Daemon came back." Luke remarked.

"Daemon has a way of doing that to women." Davina agreed stiffly.

"I dont want to go back." Joffrey whispered.