"Ah..." My voice drifted, as there was a silence for a couple of seconds.

"Well, it was just a pretty average school in the countryside," I said, as she hummed and nodded in affirmation as we continued to follow the crowd.

We didn't make too much of an effort to talk to each other, but we did exchange small talk every so often. Shiba asked me if I wanted to exchange numbers with her. I reminded her that we'd be getting our phones after our homeroom session. She suggested we meet up sometime later to which I agreed.

Soon, we arrived at a door with the letter card; "CLASS 1-D" right beside it, the doors for the classes were especially aesthetic looking quite nice and refined. Personally, I preferred the traditional wooden doors, but I couldn't say I disliked these modern sliding doors either.

I opened the door slightly and signalled to Shiba.  "This is my stop, Shiba."

She looked towards the letter plate and nodded.
"Ah Class 1-D? I'm a little more ahead, I'll see you later Ayanokouji-kun."

"I'll see you later then Shiba." 
With a soft smile, the diamond-eyed girl headed off toward her classroom, waving me away, I did the same. I stepped inside the classroom and felt the glares of half the male students... I'd completely forgotten I'd left the door open!

"...What a welcoming atmosphere."

This was going to be a long three years, wasn't it?

---------------------------

~****THE MONSTROUS ELITES****~

Chapter 1: The School of Dreams

---------------------------

Ignoring the already negative atmosphere, I peered around the classroom observing out of my curiosity. The class was large, sporting a total of 40 desks with a small gap of 5.2314378 inches between each. They were high quality, easily greater than that of any ordinary school; it made sense considering this was considered as the school at the top of the country.

The blackboard was blank, however, there was a note over it instructing students to wait until their homeroom teacher, 'Chabashira Sae' arrived.

What an unusual name, no matter how far you looked I doubt you could find someone with a name like that.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a gleam and I had the faint sense that I was being watched, I shifted my head slightly so I could get a better view but did not directly look at it. That faint glint turned out to be a security camera situated at the top bottom right corner of the classroom. It was relatively well hidden, not too obvious but not too discreet it blended in with the surroundings but if you paid attention and scrunched your eyes you likely would've been able to see it.

Although from how the cameras were placed, there was a small blind spot it was negligible as it was far too small for someone to consider exploiting.

I looked around to find my assigned seat, I spotted a glowing chair that seemed to fit the description; right next to the window at the end of the class with my nameplate attached to the front of the desk.

As I gradually approached said glowing chai—
Wait a second. Last time I checked, chairs aren't supposed to glow?

I rubbed my eyes and the glowing aura from the chair disappeared almost instantly, I could've sworn I'd seen... never mind.