𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Start from the beginning

Bree glanced down at the ground. "I don't think I can say."

"Well, do you wanna go out there and listen to them fight?" he questioned with raised eyebrows, and she responded by scrambling out the door with the Maybank on her heels.

They leaned against the railing, trying to look as calm as possible as Kie apologized to the Heyward boy that was climbing onto the motorcycle. "Look, I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings."

"What was that?" he asked because he revved the vehicle while she was talking on purpose to drown her out.                                                                                                                        

She insisted, "Look, I didn't mean to."

"Sorry, I can't hear you," Pope told her, and Bree just rolled her eyes at how stupid he was being. Sure, he was upset, but that didn't mean he had to be mean to the girl he loved. "What was that?"

"Pope, I'm being serious. I'm trying to talk to you!" Kie yelled, but he drove away without responding to her. She just groaned and turned back around, walking back toward the porch and widening her eyes when she saw her friends standing there.

JJ pushed Bree toward the steps as he stepped back inside. "You know, this seems like a problem that you can solve." She just glared at him before turning to the Carrera girl as she walked down the stairs.

"You okay?" she quizzed with a worried expression.

"Yeah," the raven-haired girl responded with a nod as she ran a stressed hand through her hair as she glanced back in the direction that Pope had just disappeared. "I just...I feel really bad."

Bree just shrugged, taking another step forward. "I'm sure he'll get over it. It's not your fault that you're not in love with him."

"Thanks, Bree," the Carrera girl told her, shooting her a small smile before walking over to her and giving her a hug.

"Oh," the Callaway girl exclaimed in shock when she realized what was happening. She slowly wrapped arms around the other girl as she rested her head on her shoulder. "We're hugging now."

The raven-haired girl pulled away, but she left her arms gripping the other girl's as she smiled at her with a grateful look in her eyes. "You're a really great friend, you know that?"

"Yeah, I know," Bree replied with a wink and a smug smirk as they began to walk back up the stairs and into the restaurant.

Kie rolled her eyes as they swung the door open to see JJ laying on the ground and throwing his hacky sack up in the air and catching it. He paused when they walked in. "Now I regret saying it."

"Too late," the brunette girl responded with a shrug. "You can't take it back."

《✵》

"HOW COME EVERYTHING YOU GRABBED IS BAD?" BREE ASKED JJ.  They were currently raiding the pantry of the Wreck because basically every single thing that the Maybank boy got from Heyward's the night before was expired, even the stuff that couldn't expire was expired.

He just shrugged, "I grabbed from the back of the rows and stuff so that Pope's dad wouldn't noticed everything was gone. He also had this box full of expired crap."

"You ever think that the box was supposed to be thrown out and not stolen by you?" Kie questioned him with furrowed eyebrows.

Bree just shook her head at his idiocy. "You know you could've just taken the stuff from the front and pushed the stuff from the back to the front, right? You made it so much more difficult than it needed to me."