UNIVERSITY

A thin blanket of fog draped the university, birds chirping, faint chattering in the corridors, it was like any other morning for her. She was sitting on their usual table, eyes shot red cause of the all nighter she pulled to atleast pass the mid term. Computer Science is really hard no doubt. She was turning the pages of her spiral note book, going through the rough revision notes she made last night. She closed her eyes while murmuring some piece of code. Suddenly something hot brushed her cheek. It was him, who else could it be? Who would get coffee and goof around ten minutes before the exam? Orange-brown checks sweat shirt, beige T-shirt, brown pants, semi messy hair, dewy eyes and a wide smile. Looking at him standing beside her, holding a cup of warm coffee made her feel at home and that it was fine even if she bombed her data structures exam.

While she was yelling at him, he sat down on a chair and dragged her's towards him. He took the notes from her and went through the pages although he had an economics exam that day, maybe because she could drink her coffee peacefully. "Didn't sleep last night?", "Nope, not even for an hour!" She said while dozing off on his shoulder. Just when he was ready to start nagging her again about the importance of sleep, the warning bell rang. She got up, saying " Well a genius like you can never understand". He laughed and pushed her from behind while walking towards her exam hall. She waved at smriti, who was fidgeting to finish the last concept left behind. Just then Raghu who had just woken up came rushing towards the hall. They all sinked deeper into the crowd. But she nudged her way out and a big smile bloomed on her face. He was there, he knew she would come back. She waved him luck on his exam. He waved her back and jogged towards his hall.

University life is quite draining. But the youth and the rush is what powers the beautiful journey. Since I am a college student, I feel we all need him/ her throughout our college. A person who no matter what stays by our side. A person who is moderate, normalised and poised. Not only that, we must also be that person for someone else.