And I like that about him. We would balance each other out perfectly.

"Your room suits you."

Theo takes a step back to admire his set-up, now satisfied that his room looks just the way he likes it, although he probably wishes I hadn't seen the mess under his bed, or the random empty water bottles lying on the carpet floor beside his desk. His attention turns to tidying up those areas, eager to ensure his room is spotless once more. Only when he's confident everything is in order does he give me his undivided attention.

"Sorry about that..." He muttered, "I didn't think you were coming."

"I would tell you beforehand, but it isn't me without all the surprises," I blurted out. "Besides, I don't think you'd have said yes if I asked."

"You don't know that."

Captivated by the beauty of his gaze, I'm drawn in and find myself lost in his presence as I join him on the window ledge. There are a few rogue specks of ash that have engrained in his eyes; like he holds all the asteroids in the galaxy.

But when I really look at him, I especially love the ones on his freshly shaven stubble alone. I reach over and dust off the imaginary particles that are on his jaw just so I can feel each muscle clenching beneath my touch.

Theo says nothing as I do so. He just lets me encroach on his personal space without objecting. He's comfortable; I'm glad he is starting to let his walls down around me. It makes me feel honored and as if I have a huge responsibility to keep up with whatever I'm doing. The significance isn't lost on me, but it is tucked away in a safe part of my brain, not to be disturbed for the time being.

"Did I tell you?" I ask, my words hanging in the air for a moment as Theo sits cross-legged before me, his wide shoulders leaning against the wall near the window while my soft hands trace along the delicate hairs on his legs.

At my voice, Theo gives me all his attention and I rest my chin on my knees as I study his face.

"...What?" Theo licks his lips, his eyes focusing on a certain part of my face. Whatever it might be, I wouldn't be able to guess. It's difficult to figure out what runs through that pretty mind of his.

I blink out of my reverie, looking out of the window towards the gardeners I saw earlier on my way here. They are finishing up their cleaning and disposing of some garbage.

"It's obvious, right?" I muttered, still staring into the distance.

"...What is?"

I turn my head in time to find him eyeing me with a kind of look in his gleaming orbs.

Is he even human to look this perfect?

The acne scars and the small blemishes on his jaw make him even more attractive to me. After all, it's my favorite spot to press my lips on. Just to add to my delusion, I'd like to think my lips have a magic touch to them. This is due to how the scars are slowly fading into a soft, natural glow.

"That I like you," I said, the weight I've been carrying ever since I've laid eyes on him finally being lifted off my chest and instead, replenished with a satisfied feeling once I see the surprised look on Theo's features - cheeks full of warmth and his pretty lips parted.

He breaks eye contact with me and switches his gaze back to the slightly ajar door that he timidly insisted on keeping open for whatever reason he had conjured up in his mind.

"W-why?" is his only reply.

I shrug, keeping my chin tilted to get a glimpse of his priceless reaction. "Why not?"