8. Coffee Grounds

You may want to skip this one if you don't like blood.

Tendou rolled over in bed, staring at Ushijima. "Any minute."

"I know."

Tendou's mother sighed. "I'm going to plug in the baby monitor. If anything at all happens just talk and I'll hear you." She leaned over Tendou's desk and plugged in the baby monitor. "I love you both. Please do not let me hear you guys having sex."

"Love you mom." Tendou leaned into Ushijima and closed his eyes. "I need to go to bed now."

Ushijima held him close. "I'll take care of him and I will let you know if he needs something."

"Thank you." She left and Ushijima melted into Tendou. He was a comforting warm.

"G'night."

"Good night Satori."

Tendou fell asleep only minutes later and Ushijima used his phone to try and stay awake. Eventually that solution failed and he fell asleep, tangled up with Tendou.

He slept good for about two hours before he woke up and immediately started to panic. Something felt wrong. Everything in his body was telling him to take care of the situation and help and that someone was hurt but he couldn't figure it out.

"Satori? Does your stomach hurt?" Ushijima moved and Tendou didn't respond. He must have been sleeping better than he had been.

The smell of metal met his nose and he paused. He tapped Tendou's back.

"Satori?"

Tendou still didn't respond.

Ushijima sat up and Tendou fell into the mattress under him. He felt of his pulse and didn't like how fast it was at all. Carefully, he turned him over and Tendou whined. "Satori? What's wrong?"

He didn't respond back but did show discomfort on his face. Ushijima went to lift him and almost screamed. Red had covered Tendou's sweatpants and everything under him. The bed and his blankets were soaked.

Ushijima grabbed the baby monitor. "Help me! He's bleeding!"

Seconds later the door opened. "What do you mean?! I thought he was asleep!"

Ushijima looked to her, in tears. "Ma'am please! I don't know what's going on!"

She froze and her scent filled the room. "Shit!" She hurried to the bed and called emergency services. "Go grab towels!"

Ushijima hurried to go get towels and came back to Tendou half awake. "Satori?"

"Ugh. My stomach hurts."

Ushijima draped a towel over his face to prevent him from seeing anything. He helped Tendou's mother get his pants off of him and moved blankets.

"Mama?"

"Just relax honey. Just relax. You know how when you were little you used to have to walk with me outside?"

"Mhmm."

"Well how about tonight we talk? You can talk to Wakatoshi. Keep your eyes on him."

"The towel."

Ushijima moved it so he could only see him. "Satori..."

Tendou's mother stifled a cry. "I can't wait twenty minutes! He needs help now!"

Ushijima kissed Tendou's forehead. "You look tired."

"I'm very tired. What's going on?" He closed his eyes, breathing out. "Whew. Ouch."

"Keep your eyes open Satori," Ushijima reminded him.

"Baby don't you love Wakatoshi's eyes? Look at him honey."

Tendou smiled. "I love your eyes. They're so cute." Tendou groaned. "Ow."

"You're okay Satori. I love your eyes. They remind me of rubies." Ushijima glanced to see if the bleeding had stopped but it hadn't come close to it yet.

"Mom's birthstone. Crazy." His eyes focused on a painting on the wall. "Did you know that mom was born in Canada? And that she was raised in South Carolina? So crazy."

"I guess it is."

"That's how I'm a mixed baby. I know three languages!" Tendou whined loudly. "What's going on?"

"You're just cramping baby. Keep telling him about what you've learned." Tendou's mother rubbed his arm.

"Oh yeah. I know English. And Korean. And Japanese. I'm learning French too. Did you know that? Holy fuck... I'm dizzy."

Ushijima rubbed his hair. "Relax."

"I'm gonna... I'm gonna throw up." Tendou shakily sighed out. "I'm throwing up."

Ushijima tilted his head towards the floor. Tendou threw up and it didn't look normal at all.

"Has he ate any oats?"

"That looks like coffee grounds."

Ushijima's brows furrowed. Tendou whined loudly. His forehead tapped the table and his mother screamed. "No, no! No! Hold the towels!"

Ushijima held the towels and kept cursing himself in his mind. This was his fault. If he would have just stayed home this wouldn't have happened.

"Mama I fell asleep, relax." Tendou groaned. "I feel awful."

Tendou's mother started to cry. "I'm sorry baby. I'm so sorry. I'm here. It's okay."

"Mom why are you crying?"

"It's okay. Don't worry about that honey." She hugged him. "Mommy's here, yeah?"

Tendou slumped into her. "Mommy's here."

Ushijima pressed the towels down harder and Tendou whined loudly. His mother held him tighter. "Relax baby. Relax. He's just helping."

"Hurts."

"I know it hurts. Trust me I know. It'll go away. Focus on mommy, okay?"

Tendou nodded and burrowed into her shoulder. His mom was here. There was nothing to worry about if she was here. She kept all of the bad things away.