-6-

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
Finally today the Yoruba king and his daughters would be visiting, their arrival thankfully being around the afternoon, meaning it wouldn't be as hot out.

But right now, Abeni was finishing up my hair, and the woman wanted to change up my hair.

"Aw look at you, you are as beautiful as the Nile river" Abeni complimented once done with my hair, the two of us standing up so I could look at my mirror, already dressed as I looked at myself, practically falling in love with the image I saw.
Hair and fit check

"You did amazing Abeni," I say, hugging the woman

"Anything for you Beautiful" Abeni smiled, kissing my cheek before leaving to most likely finish getting ready.

To waste time I grabbed my journal, deciding to write for a bit till Ghezo walked over.

"Come on, we have to give the welcome," he says, holding my hand to help me up before we both walked out to meet up with everyone else, Nanisca standing to my brother's right while I stood to his left, my brother's wives behind us.

Now standing outside of the palace gates, we had a whole welcome prepared for the family, carts staying open, music going, and people dancing, the Agojie was even lined up, swaying to the beat of the drums as we saw the Yoruban carriages rolling over.

"Alright then, don't forget this is important for us," my brother said only loud enough for me to hear as I nodded, placing a light smile on my lips once we saw the family step out, the king Adesola had helped his daughters, Bisi the first to step out before her younger twin Ife stepping out right after.

"What a beautiful welcome, King Ghezo," King Adesola said, shaking my brother's hand.

"Yes, but you all look good, I'm sure the trip wasn't too much" "not at all, and excuse me for not greeting you Princess Y/n, you look amazing in that dress" the man complimented, grabbing my hand and kissing the back of it, my smile turning genuine.

"Thank you King Adesola, you and your daughters all look great today" I smile "thank you Princess, and feel free to just call me Adesola without the title" the king stated before greeting Nanisca, his daughter's already giving me weird smiles, but what I didn't notice was a pair of eyes on me before we had ventured back onto the palace walls, the welcome continuing inside.

"Y/n, can you show the twins where they'll be staying for the next week?" Ghezo asked an apologetic smile on his face, knowing I didn't like the two.

"Of course, right this way" and now the two princesses were following behind me, waiting for us to turn the corner before saying anything.

"Wow Y/n that dress looks magnificent, I'm sure the men come swarming like buzzards," Bisi said as we walked.

"I know, but Princess, why haven't you gotten a husband yet? Is something wrong?" Ife asked, this topic always came up when the two were around.