-4-

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
Finally, the Agojie were back, but it was currently night, the moon shining for another victory.

Before the warriors entered the palace, we were awaiting their arrival, my excitement getting the best of me as I had Tanonu, the advisor, let a certain warrior know to come to visit me after taking a bath and caring for any serious wounds.

I know it was a bit much, but I had to see and talk to her to know Izogie was okay, not just simple eye contact.

But finally, the doors had opened, and in came the Agojie, the entire group walking in, nobody being lost, but I knew many would need instant medical attention.

And finally, I laid my eyes on Izogie, the woman walking in unfazed, radiating greatness.

I guess she saw me staring because she had looked over at me, a smile gracing her lips as she waved at me, and I had done the same, excitement turning in my stomach.

After the moment was shared, Ghezo had everyone go rest and get patched up, him and Nanisca conversing about the battle. 

While they talked I quickly ran to my room, fixing my hair in my mirror, and fixing the silk nightgown I wore, my curves showing softly through the material as I looked at myself.

"*whisper* get it together," I told myself, trying to calm down since this was just a simple talk and shouldn't be anything else.

"Princess?" I nearly gasped at the sudden voice, turning to see Izogie standing in my doorway, currently having a scarf around her chest as a top, and an animal print skirt to pair.

It was casual but showed her off perfectly, my eyes lingering for a moment before hearing my title being repeated.

"Sorry, please come in," I say, Izogie walks in, getting a look at my room before looking back at me.

"So is there a reason for the princess to summon me to her room?" Izogie asked "I just wanted to see you after the battle, and you're free to call me by my name and not my title" I stated, holding eye contact with the woman.

"I know, but I like calling you princess, and I wasn't expecting Dahome's princess to be worried about me" Izogie laughed at my expense as the two of us sat down.

"I wasn't worried" I lied, looking away with a small scowl on my lips.

"That's good, I wouldn't want to upset you with the news of my arm being stabbed," Izogie said, making me come to her side in an instant, searching for the area, only to find nothing but old scars, my annoyance showing as I had lightly pushed the warrior.

"Tch, I shouldn't have called you here" I rolled my eyes, at Izogie, feeling her place a hand on my cheek, my stomach making me feel as though I'd throw up from shock and nerves.

"Aw you were worried, that's cute," Izogie said, her tone taunting me a bit.

But for a moment I had shaken my nerves, and without a word I had pushed Izogie onto her back, the warrior seeming surprised while under me, my left hand now on her cheek while my other held me up.

"What's the matter Izogie?" I taunted, looking down at her, seeing her eyes connect with my gaze.

"You were just talking a second ago, what happened?" I asked, feeling Izogie's hands playing with my dress fabric, making me just want her hands on me instead.

But for a moment while I was deep in thought, Izogie was about to say something when we both heard walking in the distance, the footsteps coming right for my room, me and the warrior pulling away in an instant, the two of us practically on other sides of my room now.

But just as quick as the steps came, they left even quicker, me and Izogie calming down before looking over at each other, nervous tension back in the room.

"I should head back to the grounds, it's late and you need sleep princess," Izogie said, still not moving from her spot, and secretly I hoped she wouldn't

"Okay, thank you for coming, and please get some rest tonight," I asked, finally meeting the woman's gaze, and seeing her smile at me.

"Of course princess" and now Izogie had made her exit from my room, leaving me behind with all sorts of emotions, but also a small conflict that I'd talk to Abeni about later, right now just walked over to my bed, laying down and wrapping myself up in my sheets, drifting off to sleep with one thought in my mind, one that we all knew what and who it was about.

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 800