A flood of wishes 🎎💐🕯️

Arnold's condition made him worse as days went by.. he kept folding cranes for himself and for Carlos.
' If we had to die.. I'd choose to when Carlos does because we are very close together and we want to stay the same when we reach the other side.' Said Arnold as he kept on folding. Then Mrs Perlstein came in and broke some news to Arnold.. ' Carlos is in the emergency department in the hospital.. the doctors reckon that he won't have much time.. so you'd like to visit him one last time then this is your chance.'

Arnold took the box of paper cranes and piled into the car as his mom was already waiting there. Mrs Perlstein drove to the hospital and Arnold felt a little sadness inside him as he knows that his best friend wouldn't be making it.. Arnold walked into the room slowly and Carlos lay in bed holding a pink paper crane. Ms Frizzle was already there.
' Carlos! I'm here.. how are you doing?' Inquired Arnold as he was desperate for Carlos to give a small response. Carlos opened his eyes and replied ' I don't think I'm going to last this much longer.. I will probably perish before you know it..'
' Don't say that my friend.. promise me you'll get better you'll get well.. you have me.. Ms Frizzle and the whole class.' Said Arnold as he quickly folded a crane.

Arnold placed the crane on the bed and then tipped out a whole box of cranes that he folded for his best friend. ' I cannot thank you enough for your friendship and the beautiful cranes you made for me..' replied Carlos as he was about to cry.
' Carlos, you'll get better before you know it.. you just have to stay here until the doctors tell you that you're well again.' Said Ms Frizzle as she wiped a tear from Carlos' eye. Arnold started folding more cranes and suddenly.. he started coughing again.. he had an even worse headache and started to feel like he was too sick to live.. so he fainted on Carlos' lap.