Chapter 11: What did we do...

Start from the beginning

“Look” I started first.

“Save it.” She whispered to me. I looked at her.

“I was upset that James did that to me. I shouldn’t have done it.” She continued.

“It wasn’t your fault if that’s what you’re saying. It’s not like I was trying to stop you.”  I didn’t understand what she was getting at. It’s not her fault…It was just a kiss.

“I don’t have feelings for you, if you’re worried about that.” This shocked me a little. I have never had a girl tell me that.

“Huh?”

“That’s why you’re talking to me now right…to make sure that I didn’t have a feelings for you right? Because that would ruin your rep, and I’m not your type right?” She asked. I felt awful because when she said it, it sound a lot worse than it did in my head.

“That’s not what I-“

“Like I said, save it.” The bell rings and she grabs her textbook and leaves the classroom, leaving me to feel like a total dirt bag. The rest of the day dragged on. When school ended I swung by Ari’s locker, I needed to clarify things and apologize but I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Ari talking to Austin. Why is Austin talking to her? Like me, he didn’t have a very good rep around here but this didn’t make sense.

“So why are you talking to me?” Clearly Ari was confused about him speaking to her too.

“Well I was wondering if you want to go with me to the state fair.” He asked. Ari’s and my jaws dropped at this.

“Uh, well I just got out of a relationship and honestly you’re an asshole.” I laugh at her remark. They didn’t hear me laugh so I continued to listen.

“I promise that I will never do that to you.”