Chapter 9

When I got back home. I was thinking about what Steve asked. Then I remembered that I was still working in LA. But I wanted to be here in this relationship with Steve. I knew I had to make a decision. So I did. I knew what I wanted, and what I wanted was not LAPD.

So I called my boss, telling him I resigned. He actually understood me and understood why I decided to stay. It is not like he couldn't get a new detective, and plus Sadie would take my place and get a new partner.

I also knew Sadie wanted lead detective for so long, so this way, she did get it. I know she would be upset that I wasn't coming back, but she would want me to be happy.

As for all my stuff in my apartment, almost all my stuff I brought on my trip since it was two months. So I called my apartment complex and told them I was giving up my lease for it.

I also called the owners of the house, saying that I'm not going back to LA. They told me they would allow me to stay these two months and then have to find somewhere else.

It was about 5 pm. when I finished ending my life in LA. I heard someone knocking at my door. I yelled coming I started making it to the door. I opened it, and Steve was outside.

"Hey babe, can we talk?" Steve asked, coming I inside." I nodded yes. It looked like it was serious.

"Yeah, Steve, what's wrong?" I asked. He asked how this relationship was gonna work if I was supposed to go back to LA. I told him everything I did, his serious face went to a smile. He knew I did all that work just to stay here with him.

"So babe, where will you work? Since you're not working for LAPD anymore, " He asked. I do the I don't know expression.

"I don't know. I'll figure it out." I told him he didn't like that answer. I saw him reach into his pocket and took out a badge that said Hawaii five-o task force
He was offering a place to with him on the task force.

"Are you sure you want me? It doesn't seem professional it two coworkers are dating steve," I told him. He shook his head yes.

"We can keep our personal life from or professional life, right?" Steve asked. I nodded yes as to that could work.

"But where will I live after this place?" I asked, trying to keep the life on Hawaii to happen.

"You can live with me since we will be a couple, so don't worry, I got you covered, babe," Steve said, leaning in and giving a kiss on my cheek.

"You can start the task force on Monday, giving that it is the weekend," Steve told me. I jumped into his loving arms and nuzzled my head into his neck.

"I promise I'll do anything to make this relationship work, babe. u love you," Steve whispered into my ear.

Steve decided to get all my stuff and bring it to and me, and Steve's house. When we got there, I couldn't believe that this was my new home and new life.

When we were inside, we put all my clothes and sorted everything neatly. After we complty fixed his house to look like our house. After we were done, I wanted to watch a movie, and so did he.

Steve laid on the couch on his back so I could rest on his chest. I went upstairs, and I found one of Steve's shirts that was really big for me and slipped it on. I don't know why, but I love wearing my boyfriends clothes.

When I was walking downstairs, steve looked over and noticed I was in his shirt. I saw the biggest smirk grow across his face. I crawled onto his chest, and I got myself comfortable.

"Why don't you look comfortable, huh?" Steve said, smirking. I put his hand over his mouth to make a stop talking.

"Why you don't like it?" I smirked back at him. I knew he liked it by the smriks he gave me he loved it

"No, I love it. You look good in my clothes, babe." Steve said, kissing the top of my head. Being with Steve and just being able to love him feels so amazing. I certainly know that this is the right choice.

I was starting to fall asleep. Steve noticed and put a blanket on me. All of a sudden, there was a knock at the door. Steve didn't want me getting up, so he called to whoever was here.

"Steve, can we come in?" I heard a similar voice. I couldn't tell since the door was hard to hear through.

"Danny? Yes, you can, but why are you here? " Steve asked, upset. Oh, it was just Danny, and I'm assuming the rest of the task force.

"Steve, want me to get up?" I asked, looking up at him. I stroked my head, trying to get me to fall asleep it was working. The door was opened, and I saw Danny, Chin, Kono,and Lou coming in.

"No, go to sleep, it's ok," Steve told me, still getting me to drift off. I finally feel asleep seconds later. I could tell by their faces they knew I was with Steve, so they came over to talk. But they didn't know I was sleeping on Steve's chest.

"Steve, move over so I can sit." Danny said rather loud. Since I was asleep, it was so loud I groaned in my sleep. They are all most likely heard.

"Steve," I groaned, getting my arm out of the covers. Steve shot Danny a look, saying if she wakes up, I'm gonna kill you.

"Shhhhh, it's OK. Go back to bed it's no one important, babe. " Steve shushed me back to sleep. I tightened my grip around Steve's waist.

"Wait, is Emily sleeping here?" I heard Chin ask. Even though I was asleep, I could tell they were grining from ear to ear.

"Yes, and she's actually gonna stay on the island. If you are all happy now, let her sleep, or I'm gonna kill you all, " Steve threatened. I could tell they all shook their heads.

"Wait, she is staying because she wants to be with, I call that love," lou said. Everyone agreed.