Chapter 3

I opened the door of my beautiful vacation house, and I somehow managed to beat everyone.

I went around the house looking at all the rooms. This house was paradise. I went into my bedroom and started unpacking everything I brought and put it away very organized. I went to the kitchen to see if I needed to buy food. But to my surprise, it was stocked up that the people who rent it out must put food for the guests. How thoughtful.

But then I feel this wave of tiredness floods over me like a wave swallowing a swimmer. I forgot that Hawaii has its time zone. How did I forget, especially since I've been here so many times? Who knows? So, to stop my jetlag, I decided to get into more comfortable clothes and climb into my bed tomorrow. I can go and do a few things.

Steve's pov

I was driving to a crime scene with Danno. He was having his usual rant, but this time he was talking about the girl I met at the airport. Emily was her name.

"So this Emily girl, what's up with her?" Danny questioned. I wish this time he didn't, especially since it was about a girl I just met. But God, for some reason, this conversation was more annoying than it already would be.

"Hello, Earth to Steve McGarrett?" Danno was waving his hand in my face to get my attention.

"Shut it, Danno, and we don't need to talk about her." I was slightly annoyed that he would bring her up

"How many times do I have to say it? Do not call me Danno," he said, very angry. I slightly smiled since I knew my calling him bugged him.

"And why can't we talk about her she doesn't seem like a half-bad girl. She sounds rather nice." He said, making a good point. Why didn't I want to talk about her? Was it because I was catching feelings for her?

No, why would I think that? But those beautiful Hazel eyes and her sweet voice and the way she keeps herself together are amazing. Maybe I am falling for her, just maybe.

"Oh, I get it," Danny said, sounding like he was confident. I was confused about what he was trying to get at. But then again, I never tried to.

"You like her, that's why you don't want to talk to her," Danno said, smiling. I could feel myself getting red. I tried to cover it up, but Danny noticed, of course, he did.

"No I don't like her, yes she's nice a pretty but I don't like her so get that idea out of your stupid head" I raised my voice but of course, he doesn't take that raised voice thing seriously.

"Yes, you do. The answer you gave me made it so obvious you do, " Danno said proudly of himself for figuring it out. At this point, I wanted to kill him, but I couldn't cause we arrived at the crime scene.

When we got out of the car, Chin and Kono came up and started getting us caught up. Chin noticed first that something was up.

"Hey Steve, are you OK," He asked. I didn't want to tell him because it wasn't a big deal. But of course, no Danny and his big mouth had to tell them.

"Steve here meets a girl at the airport and starts catching feelings for her." Danny blurts out with a smile, saying, you're welcome.

"Danny, I swear after this case, I officially gonna kill you and make sure no one else knows where your body is," I was officially done with his bullshit.

"Yeah, well, you say that all the time, but it never happens," Danny pointed out. He was right even though I wanted to, but I really couldn't live without him.

"Oh, what's this girls name?" Kono said, smiling. I gave her a frown. I loved Kono, but not right now. Not after that question. I could tell Chin wanted to know too.

"I'll tell you after we get this case done with Grover. Isn't that fine with you guys?" I asked. They all nodded, yes. Then we went off focusing on the case, well everyone but me. I was just mostly thinking about Emily.