Forty One: Shaken [2]

[ Task

   Find the 'Double-crosser' and be rewarded!

Reward: Holographic Copy of The secluded book -Pages from 1 to ???-

Remaining time: No limit  ]

Luna stared at the translucent screen in front of her. Analyzing it. 

'Find the double-crosser? Like a traitor?'

She doesn't understand, well sure, there's bound to be a scene like this in every story. But what Luna does not understand is that, it seems as if, things were escalating without her knowing.

'Oh wow, that's exciting! Who can it be?' Aella exclaimed, very much interested about this task; but Luna isn't.

It seems wrong to get suddenly suspicious about everyone around her. She can't do that, especially to her friends.

Wait, friends?

When did Luna start to have such thoughts, well she guessed she's their friend— but what good would that do to her?

It seems like she may have began to feel an essence of attachment with the others, unconsciously.

It's no good, everything here is temporary. All of these people will eventually vanish, she'll probably wouldn't even remember being in this world after completing her goal. This world will soon vanish along with these people, and with her memory.

Tap. Tap.

"You ok?" Ezryn asked, patting Luna's shoulder.

"Uh, yeah, fine." She bluntly replied.

Ezryn nodded then suddenly leans in to her, whispering in her ears. "Is it me or Shiki's angry?"

"What?"

With that Luna discreetly glance towards Shiki who was right next to Ezryn, but she couldn't see his face for he was looking somewhere else.

The time when they all returned to the arena, she did caught a glance of the look he has on his face, although she couldn't exactly whether he was angry or had any emotions even. As far as she recall, Shiki was wearing his usual stoic face.

"Why do you say that?" Luna Whispered back.

"I mean we're not that really close that's a fact, but doesn't his brows looked more arch down than earlier?"

"His brows you say..."

Luna couldn't really assert Ezryn's statement for she couldn't see it for herself. Although, if he says so, then perhaps it's true— it didn't seem like Ezryn was the type to lie.

Well whatever.

Rather than worrying about that, there's more important matter for her to attend to; such as the task.

Luna began to ponder, all she did this day was sit tight and still, walk here and there— so why is there suddenly a task without her doing? A sudden task perhaps? Could be so.

But the previous task she did was connected to a scenario that will happen; such as the masquerade ball— the task appeared when Remus and Shiki asked her to join them. However, this time is different.

'This is ridiculous.'

It was indeed quite a ridiculous occurrence. Luna instantly knew on who to blame— the sloppy creator of this game world. Agapius. It's starting to make her wonder if Agapius was really the creator of this world she's living in currently.