James smiled. "No problem Odair, hope your friend has a good birthday." Penelope, and Jasper started to walk toward the older Gryffindors. They overheard James saying to Peter, "What? It is someone's birthday, they need a cake!"

Jasper, and Penelope got the information they needed from Billius Weasley. They apparently had to tickle the pear to get into the kitchens. It was a portrait down near the Hufflepuff common room. Penelope, and Jasper met up with the others by that corridor, and Jasper said, "James is so nice, telling us how to get there."

"Well, the kitchens aren't just for him." Jonathan said. "And it was Weasley who told us how to get there in the end."

"I know." Jasper said. "But it was nice of him to lead us to him. I don't understand why Lily hates him, he is so nice! And he is really good at quidditch. You know he said I did a good job at flying?" Jasper clapped his hands. "That's so exciting! I want to be just like him."

Jonathan, and Gifford stared at each other. Jasper loved talking about James, and how great he was.

The group of them finally found the painting of the bowl of fruit. "So we just tickle it?" Maryrose asked as she approached the picture, and touched the pear. She started to wiggle her fingers until it giggled so hard it fell out of the bowl, and the painting opened to reveal the kitchen.

"Wow..." Jasper breathed.

The group of Hufflepuff stepped in slowly. Jasper looked around at all the appliances, and all the food cooking. There was so much food! Several house elves were running around to different stations getting the food cooked, and ready for supper tonight. A house elf approached them. "I is Jumpy misses, and misters, is there a problem with food?"

Marty shook her head. "No, nothing is wrong. We were just wondering if we could...use the kitchens..."

"To bake a cake for someone!" Penelope finished.

"Would you like help?" Jumpy asked.

"No thank you, we can do it ourselves." Jasper said.

Jumpy nodded, snapped her fingers, and the first year Hufflepuffs got transported to a room that was a mini kitchen. "Woah." Jasper said, dizzy from the sudden movement.

"This is so cool!" Penelope exclaimed once she had regained her bearings.

"Uh, one problem." Jonathan said, blinking really fast to stop his head from spinning. "We don't know how to bake."

"I do." Jasper, Maryrose, Penelope, and Marty said in unison.

"Oh." Jonathan said, his head now clear. "Well, good."

"Although my mum always helps me." Penelope said. "She deals with the oven."

"Yeah, my dad deals with that stuff." Marty said.

"No problem." Jasper said. "I know how to use it."

Maryrose asked, "Your parents allow you near hot appliances?"

"Yep." Jasper said getting a bowl. "I mean – they are usually there to supervise me of course–"

"DOROTHY NO!" Penelope shouted.

Jasper turned around quickly, and saw that Dorothy was getting her hands on a bunch of sharp knives. Penelope took the two she had in her hands from her. "We need to be careful." Penelope said as she placed them back on the counter, carefully.

Gifford grabbed a cookbook, and rifled through it until he had gotten to a section on cakes. "What kind of cake do you think Harry would like?"

"He likes cinnamon." Jasper said, grabbing other cooking utensils, while Maryrose got the basic ingredients they would need for the cake. Penelope, and Marty had their eyes on Dorothy to be sure she behaved.