Chapter 1|Devotion

Welcome 👋🏾🙋🏽‍♀️

Draw your chair and mek we drop right back inna the people them life😂😂
Shan signing in ✍🏾

...

Wednesday, September 13th7:48 am📍Calabar High School

7:48 am
📍Calabar High School

Tucking my white shirt further into my khaki pants, my eyes scan the music room watching as the boys, fixed themselves quickly and anxiously.

That with them now, this a the only time bar man dem nuh frowsy and a when them a guh look gyal.

"We a run through the routine one more time cause nuh man nuh come shame mi" Mr Voxy's voice fills the room gaining every man attention.

"Montique front and center you a sing, Matthew nuh feel good" Shaking my head, I walk over to the drums in the corner of the room.

"Mr V you know the singing thing anno my thing, mek Legister dweet," A hiss comes from him and I take a seat on the stool rotating my shoulders.

Legister runs through the devotion program and I listen keenly waiting for my time to shine.

Wiping away the beads of sweat, my smile sits proudly on my face.

"Weh we seh gyal a get wildout a devotion todeh" Brandon shouts before having to sight the duster that makes its way across the room.

"Mullings lock chat and start pack up"

A groan comes from everyone and I grab my sticks before quickly sliding away from the crowd before Mr V ketch mi.

Sliding my hand into my pocket, I retrieve my phone, punching in the code as I take a seat on one of the benches leaning the outside of the schoolyard.

A small chuckle leaves me as I watch Andreen jiggle up her ass on the screen.

Aye if one thing mi know bout Andrews gyal them is that them wild differently bredda.

"Mr Montique" At the sound of my name and hearing the voice who called, I groan removing my foot off the front of the bench opposite to me.

"Willy?"

"Montique, I am sure that my eyes are fooling me cause it can not be that the sparkles that I am seeing are coming from the earrings, I told you from last week to take out" Not turning to her, I nod and twirl the knobs of each taking them out.

"Willy mi realize seh you no like fi see a young youth prosper but everything gud mon"

A hiss comes from her before the clacking of her heels as she walks away becomes drowned in the noise of my schoolmates.

"Lazyer than Monty caah find ennuh" Laughing, I take one of the drums from Dante and carry it over to our bus.

Leave it to Calabar fi waah show off and drive the bus ole JUTC bus when we have a coaster-like bus weh we can use.