THIRTEEN ─ [ . : 。✿ ] daisy

Start from the beginning

(Y/N) hummed. "Well, maybe take a little nap. And get some takeout, so you don't have to cook or do dishes."

"Y'know, there's a new Chinese place just down the road that I've been wanting to check out," her mom spoke thoughtfully. "Good idea, (Y/N). I'll invite Kim to go with me, too. You know how much she loves fried rice."

"That's great, Mom," (Y/N) smiled. "Sounds fun."

(Y/N) passed through the alley way, holding her pepper spray a little tighter. No one was acting suspiciously, but you could never be too careful, right? And then her eyes fell upon the same man before. The bruises he had before were starting to heal, but there was a cut on his lip that wasn't there before. And just like last time, his cold blue eyes followed her form for as long as she was in his line of shot. She glanced back to ensure he wasn't following her, feeling deeply unsettled, and let out a sigh of relief when she saw no one behind her.

"Everything okay?"

She blinked, having forgotten she was still on the phone. "Yeah, yes, I just──" (Y/N) shook her head. "Just thought I left my keys at work, but they were just in a different pocket than usual."

"Oh, that's funny! Happens to me all the time," her mom chuckled.

"Ah, so it's your fault I'm like this," (Y/N) teased, with a light laugh.

"Guilty."

"Well, I'm gonna let you go," she sighed. "Call you back later, yeah?"

"Of course, dear. Love you," her mom said.

"Love you, too!" She returned.

"And (Y/N)?"

"Yeah?"

"Take care of yourself, honey."

'You're one to talk,' (Y/N) thought, shaking her head. "I will, Mom. Don't worry. You too, okay?"

"Alrighty, have a good night."

"You too, bye."

She stepped into the house. With the door being unlocked, she knew at least one of her roommates was already home──  and she was proven right, when she saw Lori and Naoki on two beanbag chairs on the floor, playing some sort of video game.

"Bro, where the fuck are you?" Naoki complained.

"In the void of the un-findable──  oh, you bitch!" Lori cut herself off, as she messed with the controls of the remote in a much more panicked manner.

Naoki laughed confidently. "Void of the un-findable, huh?" He teased with a playful smirk.

"You shut your whore mouth," Lori fired back lightheartedly.

"Damn, Lori, didn't know you were so competitive," (Y/N) commented, sitting on the couch behind them.

Both Naoki and Lori's attentions immediately snapped to the girl. Lori's eyes lit up excitedly, immediately filled with a euphoric joy at the sight of her darling. Naoki, on the other hand, seemed to visibly melt at the sight of her.  His whole face softened, as he looked at her adoringly.

But (Y/N) misread their reaction as entirely platonic──  after all, isn't everyone excited to see their friends?

"(Y/N)! You're home!" Naoki greeted warmly. "How was work?"

"Busy," she answered with a sigh. "But nothing too bad." Although it had been a pretty exhausting day, at least she hadn't had any severe incidents with rude customers. Of course, Jasper and Matteo were always protective of (Y/N) whenever any customer crossed a line, but it was better to not have to deal with them at all. "Called my mom on the way home, too."