5- Declaration of War

Start from the beginning

"Huh? Kruger? Did you hurt your hand?" Falco asks as he looks at Eren's finger.

"Yeah, it's just a scratch" Eren says as he opens his hand to show Reiner the cut, "Reiner, sit down".

"Well, I think I'll head back" Falco says as Reiner sits down.

"No, Falco" Evelyn says as she pulls up another chair, "you should stay here and listen".

"Huh?" Falco asks as he looks at Evelyn.

"Falco, just do as she says" Reiner says as he doesn't take his eyes off of Eren who sits across from him.

"Okay" Falco says calmly as he sits down on the crate next to Evelyn.

--- in the streets above ---

"Now then. Shall we leave?" Madam Azumabito asks as she looks back at her two guards.

"Oh! Long time no see, Mr Leonhart" Reiner's Mother says as she approaches Annie's Father.

"Miss Braun. Not since your son came home, right?" Annie's Father says as he looks up at Reiner's Mother from his seated position, "speaking of which, I heard Hoover passed away in bed, right?".

"Yes. He never failed to say how proud he was of his son's sacrifice for Marley" Reiner's Mother says as she sits down next to Annie's Father, "I'm sure your daughter also-".

"She's not dead" Annie's Father says as he looks down, "Annie is alive. She promised she would come back".

"To think, war will be announced in the internment zone, of all places" Commander Magath says as he stands on top of one of buildings opposite the stage.

"Whoa! Even General Calvi came to the zone!" Sofia says as she scans the crowd.

"The whole backbone of Marley's military is here!" Udo says in shock, "and all these famous families and ambassadors".

"Not to mention every newspaper in the world that matters" Galliard says as he looks around as well.

"It's like we're in the world's spotlight" Pieck says as she shakes Sofia softly by her shoulders.

"The Tyburs sure are powerful" Colt says as he looks at Pieck.

"Yet they're Eldians, same as us" Galliard says as he looks away.

The trumpets start to play which shocks Sofia.

"It's begun" Gabi says as she looks at the stage.

"Mr Braun and Falco aren't back yet" Udo says as he looks around.

"Warriors of Marley. Commander Magath has summoned you" a solder says as they walk over to the seven of them.

--- underground ---

"Eren, Captain Evelyn... how? Why are you here?" Reiner asks as he looks down.

"Same reason you did" Eren says as he looks at Reiner as Reiner starts to hold his head, "don't you get it? The same reason you did. Because we had no other choice".

--- onstage ---

Willy walks onto the stage as the cameras flash brightly. He stands at the front in the centre as he takes a bow.

--- underground ---

"Sounds like it started" Evelyn says as she looks up at the ceiling, "let's listen".

--- onstage ---

"Let's look back in time" Willy says as he addresses the audience, "roughly one hundred years ago, the Eldian Empire ruled the world with the Power of the Titans. From the rise of Founder Ymir until today, titans have robbed enough lives to eradicate humanity three times over. Countless cultures and people have been wiped out by titans; their histories stolen away. The Eldian Empire's path of slaughter became humanity's history. And when the Eldian Empire ran out of enemies, they soon began slaughtering one another. The Great Titan War had become. Families holding the eight titans waged a blood war. Using this to his advantage, one Marleyan sought victory. It was the hero, Helos. Thanks to his clever manipulations, the Eldian Empire was tricked into killing each other, one by one. By joining hands with Tybur family, they forced the unbeatable King Fritz to flee and retreat to the island. However, though he fled to Paradis Island, his power still remained. Tens of millions of titans await on the island to trample the world. To this day, the only reason we haven't been trampled is merely a fluke. Our scholars have no other explanation. To eliminate this threat, our motherland Marley sent four titans to the island, but they were beaten back and only returned with the Armoured titan. The darkest blot on humanity's history, the Eldian Empire, is alive and well".