"Did you kiss Quinn when you were with her?" Jonathan asked. Gifford shoved him to the side. "What?"

"You're so annoying, Harry cheered up Penelope, why don't you ask if he got kissed?"

"Ew no." Harry said.

"Why not?" Jonathan asked. "I am sure many girls would like to date you, having a famous mum, and all."

Harry shook his head. "I want someone to like me for me, not for my mother."

"True." Jonathan said. "Honestly, I think Ella Goldsparks has a crush on Jasper."

Jasper looked over, confused. "Ella Goldsparks?"

"Anthony's sister."

"He has a sister?"

Jonathan nodded. "She's tried to talk to you a few times, I think. That is what I have heard."

"Oh." Jasper said. "Never noticed." Jasper thought how lucky it was for the Goldsparks to have not two, but three magical kids from a muggle family. He wished his family was that lucky, but he had to keep reminding himself that there was still hope.

"That could be why Christopher hates you." Harry speculated. "I mean an older brother would be very protective of his little sister, right?"

Jasper gasped. "You're probably right. He just doesn't want anyone associating with me!" Jasper exclaimed, happily.

"You're happy he doesn't want anyone associating with you?" Harry asked, confused.

"Well, it's a more valid reason to hate me."

Harry made a bit of a face. "Well, I guess."

They headed to the Great Hall, and Gifford went to say hello to Quinn, and Jasper went to see if Anthony was doing alright. He tapped him, and he tensed a bit, but turned back. "Hey, I heard Moody scared you pretty bad, you okay?"

Anthony flushed, embarrassed. "Well, now I am. He is just so scary, you know?"

Jasper nodded. "Oh, I do."

Christopher, who had been glaring at Jasper as soon as he noticed he was making his way to the Ravenclaw table, asked, "Can you leave?"

Anthony sighed. "He is just saying hello."

"I don't care." Christopher said. "Leave."

"Oh – uh, sorry." Jasper said, thinking it would be best to be polite, hoping that Christopher would maybe like him just a little better. Jasper then realised he should tell Christopher he did not have a crush on Ella so hopefully, that would solve his apparent problem with him. "Oh, just so you know I don't have a–"

"Mr. Odair, Mr. Abbott!" Called Professor Virindi from the head table. "Please go back to your house table."

"Yes." Christopher said, glaring daggers at Jasper. "Please."

Jasper sighed, hating that stupid house table rule, and headed back to the Hufflepuff table where Harry was opening a package, and once Jasper took a seat beside him, Harry asked, "Did it go okay?"

"Christopher won't even let me finish a sentence." He answered with a small sigh, and he noticed Maryrose shaking her head. "What's wrong Maryrose?"

"I really don't know what's wrong with Christopher." She said, taking a bite of her porridge. "He has always been a bit...short, and could be cold, but I don't know why he would be picking on a first year he barely knows."

Jasper shrugged. Even though one of the possibilities was because Christopher's sister had a crush on him, Jasper thought his attitude was extreme. "Beats me." He then looked over at the package Harry had finally opened. "What do you have there?"