4- From One Hand to Another

Start from the beginning

"War, for Marleyans, exists solely inside their newspapers" Commander Magath says as he looks ahead, "they're content to just read about our lands expanding. If our tamed devils or conquered armies are eating the bullets, all the better. One hopes letting Marleyans hear the sound of bullets whizzing by their ears, will be enough to stop our self-destructive march towards war. If someone controlled Marley from the shadows, I'd tell them: it's already too late".

"You truly don't hold back, Commander. What can I say?" Willy asks as he turns back around to look at the view from the balcony, "as you noticed, this nation is controlled by the Tyburs. But this path of warmongering was one that Marley chose on its own. We gave Marley both freedom and power in hopes of atonement. But in the end, Eldia and Marley were thrown into darkness. The Tyburs are responsible for that. I intend to reveal the truth to the world at the upcoming festival. My coming to see the statue was no lie. Marley is in need of a hero once more. Theo Magath, will you not join hands with me?".

--- the next day ---

Galliard yawns as he walks up the steps of the warrior mansion when he sees Pieck crawling around on the ground as he jumps, falling to the ground.

"Morning, Porco!" Pieck says kindly as she looks at him.

"Pieck, what are you doing?" Galliard asks as he holds onto the banister.

"This way's more natural to me. Did I scare you?" Pieck asks worriedly.

"Can you just walk upright?" Galliard questions as he pulls himself up.

Reiner meets with one of the soldiers to discuss how the walls work within Paradis Island.

"Titans come from the South. The wall will be less defended you get to these mountains up North" Reiner explains as he points to the spot on the map laid out in front of them.

"Then, should we attack from the North?" the soldier asks as he looks at Reiner.

"That's one option" Reiner continues on, "however, the wharf is the only place where our large ships can dock. We could press our advantage".

"So, the South?" the soldier says.

"But the South is where our scout ships were lost" Reiner says frustrated, "it's where they're most focused. The wharf might even be destroyed".

"So, what are you trying to say?" the soldier asks as he looks at Reiner.

"I'm merely trying to share the information I gathered" Reiner says as he looks at the soldier.

"Alright, enough. It was dumb to let an Eldian talk" the solider says as he throws his hand up in front of Reiner's face.

After the meeting, Reiner gathers outside with Colt, Zeke, Pieck and Galliard.

"The Paradis Island planning is going just swell" Galliard says as he sits down or a crate, "the brass in charge is oh so intelligent. Can't wait to hear what they come up with".

"Like entrusting the whole thing to four kids?" Pieck says as she leans over the balcony, looking at Falco, Gabi, Udo and Sofia who all train below them.

"He's ahead. Falco passed Gabi" Reiner says proudly as he, Pieck and Colt all watch them.

Udo and Sofia cheer with Falco whilst Gabi looks down.

"Look at them celebrate one little win. Jeez. They've got no idea" Galliard says as he looks at them.

"No matter how well Falco does at this point, he will never surpass Gabi" Colt says as he watches his brother.