1 「C O M F O R T I N G」2

Start from the beginning

And at the last sentence of the note, a light blush developed on Jacob's face as he knew the next time he spoke to the woman she would definitely be teasing him.

So he simply crumbled up the note before slipping it into his pocket and moving over towards the door and his lightly snoozing girlfriend.

"Come on Bunny," Jacob said as he held the girl get up, allowing her to lean on him as the two moved towards the doors. "I have to get you home now."

"Home, home, home." Catherine muttered to herself as she allowed the boy to move her, the girl not fighting the drowsiness she was feeling.

Hearing the girl muttering, Jacob couldn't help but chuckle as he was quick to move her toward his Father's truck, before rushing back to the Cafe doors and locking the place up.

✼ •• ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ •• ✼

𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐏𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐔𝐅𝐅𝐘 𝐂𝐈𝐑𝐂𝐔𝐋𝐀𝐑 𝐁𝐄𝐃, Catherine immediately wiggled around until she was able to get under the covers and wrap them around her like a bunny burrito.

And as she got comfortable the girl let out the features she was forced to hide every day, the large fuzzy and floppy dark brown ears quick to appear out of her head.

Her ears were just about a carbon copy of the American Fuzzy Lop, whilst her tail popped out the back of Jacob's sweatshirt, it is tightly curled.

Thanks to a rather wonderful witch that had been brought into their little bunny town, who was able to cast a spell for all the bunnies allowing them to put them up and bring them out when they wanted.

It was only at night that she was able to let out her ears and tail, it was also the only time that she was able to fully relax.

Although her time to relax quickly ended as a scream rang out over the Swan home, causing the girl to quickly sit up in her bed.

"Bella." She mumbled under her breath worried before she quickly put up her ears and tail as she rushed out of her room that just so happened to be the attack.

The girl down the stairs as she headed towards Bella's bedroom, almost immediately bumping into Charlie who was also awoken by Bella's scream.

"It's alright Uncle," Catherine told the man as the two met in front of Bella's bedroom, she could see the worry and fear on the man's face. "I got it."

"Are you sure," Charlie asked the girl a bit skeptically, he'd feel guilty if the young girl didn't get any sleep. "I honestly thought she was over the whole screaming thing?"

"It's fine, it's what you brought me here for." Catherine spoke with a soft smile, whilst physically waving the man off.

She didn't have anything to do in the morning, even if it wasn't the summer, Catherine had already graduated after she'd been home-schooled.

She didn't have an actual job as she only lived off of generational money, what she had saved up over the years, and whatever her parents had added to her bank account.

But Charlie, on the other hand, had work in the morning as the town's sheriff, meaning he needed his rest to protect the town.

"Alright kid," Charlie said knowing there was nothing he could do to stop her from going in and helping Bella, Catherine was a very determined girl. "just try and get her to sleep."

"I will Uncle Charlie." Catherine nodded her head before she headed into Bella's bedroom, the girl making a b-line to her cousin's bed.

The girl was quick to hop in the bed before she started to gently shake her older cousin to wake her up as quickly as she could.

"Bells, Bella," She called out to the girl as she shook her shoulders, before gently tapping the girl on the cheek. "come on girl, wake up for me."

Suddenly seconds later, Bella's eyes opened with a jump as tears streamed down her cheeks, her breathing coming out in pants as her eyes frantically searched around the room.

"Hey, hey, I'm here," Catherine said as she move directly in front of her cousin, quickly grabbing the girl's attention. "you're alright, I'm here."

"Cathy, you're back," Bella muttered lowly as she quickly sat up wrapping her arms around the girl's shoulder, she was only able to sleep well when Catherine was in bed beside her. "how was your-uhm date?"

Under any other circumstances, Catherine would have been happy to hear her cousin ask about her date, especially after the reaction she got after she told Bella about the date.

But these circumstances were definitely not right for her to get excited about her date, when her cousin had just woken up screaming and in tears.

"It was good, fun," Catherine told her simply as she honestly wanted to avoid the topic as she looked for something else to talk about, she knew if she started she wouldn't be able to finish talking about her date with Jacob.

So as her eyes looked around the room, they were quick to focus on the dream catcher on the head of the girl's bed.

"I guess this little trinket doesn't work all that well huh?" Catherine asked sarcastically as she tapped the dream catcher, causing Bella to let her go to look at it.

"It's...not as bad as it used to be," Bella mumbled as she glanced at the dream catcher, before looking down at her lap. "the nightmares."

"Doesn't matter if they're not as bad," Catherine said softly as she laid her hand on the girl's shoulder, giving the girl a comforting smile. "you shouldn't be having them in the first place."

"It gets better when I hang around Jacob." Bella said as she continued to look down at her lap, not noticing the way Catherine tilted her head.

The little bunny didn't mean for the jealousy to fill her at her cousin's words, but she couldn't help it as she looked at Bella.

"Oh?" Catherine asked as she clenched and unclenched her teeth, although bunnies don't always mate with one person for life, they tended to be rather loyal to those they liked.

"And you," Bella was quick to add in her cousin as she looked up and noticed that soft twinge in Catherine's eye disappear. "you two keep me busy, so I don't think about him anymore."

Although hearing her cousin just about mention Edward for the first time without breaking out in tears, Catherine let go of the topic of Jacob.

In her head, she felt as if her cousin was getting better, so there was no point in sticking to that topic or jumping to conclusions based on a few words.

"That's great, Bells," Catherine said as she stroked her cousin's head before she started getting comfortable in Bella's bed. "now come on we still have hours before sunrise."

And as she lay down on the bed, Catherine paused raising her hands and motioning by clenching and unclenching her hands for Bella to come down to her.

Which she did, laying her head on Catherine's chest and cuddling up to her side to get comfortable.