Chapter Thirty Four

Start from the beginning

"Oh, your point has been taken." Before I know it, he reaches to the back of my head and pulls my lips to his. I quickly catch his bottom lip between my own, causing his hand on my lower back to tighten. My hands move to his hair, my favorite thing to do while kissing him, and give a soft tug.

Niall stiffens beneath my touch.

Who knew that he loved it that much?

"I love you, Brooke. God, I love you so much." He nearly whimpers against my swollen lips and my knees nearly give out from beneath me.

"I love you too, baby." I breathe into our kiss.

It's when I hear a throat clear that I practically jump out of my skin, making my lurch deep inside, which consequently sends a sharp pain through my chest.

My eyes snap open and I turn my head towards the direction of the voice. The owner, happens to be my father.

"Dad," I breathe as Niall and I slowly separate. His hand still rests against my lower back. His touch gives me all of the confidence that I need for this situation.

"Brooke, Niall." The look on his face isn't angry, like I had pictured it would be. It is actually pretty annoyed, instead.

I look down as Niall runs his fingers through his hair a couple of times.

"Doctor Cameron," Niall awkwardly speaks. I bite my lip, highly concerned about this increasingly growing awkward situation.

"You two do realize that this is a hospital, correct? Professionals work here and sick people reside just behind these doors." He points at the door across the hall just to make a point.

"Yes, sir. I am very sorry about this. It will not happen again." Niall nods to assure my father.

"Oh, I am sure that it won't." Niall tenses even more beneath my touch. I allow my hand to run across the lower expanse of his back and he breathes in deeply.

"You know, I would not have been very thrilled if one of my nurses had to inform me that my daughter and her boyfriend were making out in a little hideaway of my hospital. Do yourselves a favor and go. Do not ever let me catch you like this again. Are we clear?" Niall nods as a flash of fear washes over his features.

"Yes, sir. This will not happen again. I am very sorry." My dad nods and crosses his arms over his chest.

"I would certainly hope not. Now, if you two would so kindly excuse me, I'd like to get back to my rounds." I softly roll my eyes. He just had to act so mean to get a rise out of Niall. What a typical father move.

"Oh, Niall?" Niall looks up.

"I'm still waiting on that lunch. Would Thursday work for you?"

"Yes, sir. That would be just fine. Where would you like to meet?" It's as if in just a split second, both guy's demeanors have changed. Again, I roll my eyes because of my father's behavior.

"What about that sandwich place off of second street?"

"That sounds good to me. Is eleven forty five okay? I get out of class at eleven thirty." Dad nods and takes out his phone, probably scheduling their little lunch date.

Seconds later, dad's pager begins to beep which clearly indicates that he is needed elsewhere.

"That would be my cue. You two have a nice day. I do have eyes and ears all over this building though. I am warning you now." He gives us "the look" and I sigh.

"Bye, dad." He chuckles and pulls me in for a hug, kisses my temple, then shakes Niall's hand

"You have a nice day too. I am sorry once again." Niall is quick to respond. My dads waves it off then tells me he loves me before leaving us with a "bye, kids".