03 keep it together

Lets pretends that Liam actually likes singing She's Electric :)

NOVEMBER 1995

The 6 p.m. arrival at Heathrow made Annette's stomach twist with unease. She had been worrying over her suitcase during the whole flight and wondered whether it actually made it in one piece.

Surely, she thought as she got past security, the whole band were going to be waiting for her with some stupid sign. She was not prepared. Her elation had already peaked by meeting Damon. How was she going to cope when the whole band were greeting her? She'd probably jump in her suitcase and take a little spin around the conveyor belt, praying to get back to Japan.

After passing huge mass of people, she finally saw her name on a sign. It was in black letters. Terrible handwriting. Almost illegible. Then she glanced down at the guy holding the piece of card. It was not who she wanted to see after a 12 hour flight. Of all fucking people...

Liam Gallagher had the most monotonous of glares in the world. His lips were pursed together, like a flat line. He had bright yellow, round-framed glasses that made him look like a cross between John Lennon and a bee, while his green jacket made him stand out in the crowd.

Annette sort of wanted to turn back. She wanted to pretend she hadn't seen him and walk off as if he was a ghost. She didn't hold grudges but just the memory of the words still stung: 'she's got no talent, she's just lucky.' That was the statement which angered her the most. She worked for her fame, she started small and progressively grew. For some reason, he thought that everything had been offered to her on a silver platter.

Being stuck with this nobhead for a week was a total nightmare. She couldn't even think about having to maybe share the same mic...

She took careful strides up to him, trying to push every negative thought out of her mind. The constant echoing in the airport made it difficult to concentrate. This was all going to be fine. Not awkward at all... not the slightest bit.

"What took you so fuckin' long? I've been standing here like a numpty for ages." His first words were spoken with pure disgust. Somewhere, underneath those bright yellow circles, was a glint of emotion but then it was shrugged off with a roll of his shoulders.

"It's not my fault I was stuck behind some kid with braces in security. And anyway, why were you sent to collect me? I thought you had some problem with me." Annette crouched to get under the barrier between them.

Liam didn't reply for a moment. She swore she saw him look her up and down with a swish of those menacing eyes. "I don't have a problem with you, love. That stupid magazine twisted my words to make me sound like a right bellend. I want to get through this stupid week without you punching me in the face, alright? Don't get your knickers in a twist."