"You want me to blast that bucket off your head? Lower the shield," Finn threatens.

"You're making a big mistake."

"Do it."

Chewie growls. Something beeps, and a big readout come across. 'SHIELDS DISABLE INITIATED'.

Finn walks towards Dad. "Solo, if this works we're not gonna have a lot of time to find Rey."

He walks down the steps. "Don't worry, kid. We won't leave here without her."

More things beep.

Phasma gets up. "You can't be so stupid as to think this will be easy. My troops will storm this block and kill you all."

"I disagree. What do we do with her?"

"Is there a garbage chute? Trash compactor?"

I smile at my dad's idea. I've heard the story if how him and Mom met. It's one of my favorites, too.

Finn smiles. "Yeah, there is."

~~~

I sense Poe and the others arrival. I smile to myself as we round a corner.

Finn whispers something to my dad. He walks over to the viewport. I walk over and see Rey climbing up a shaft wall. We walk through the corridors looking for Rey. We round a corner and meet her.

"Are you alright?" Dad asks her.

"Yeah."

"Good."

Finn starts asking her questions. Before they embrace.

Dad walks up to them. "Escape now, hug later."

We run through the doors to the same transport compartment, and Chewie hands dad his coat. The door opens and we race out I look up and immediately recognize Jess and Poe's ships. Explosions and crashes are surrounding us as we run.

"They're in trouble. We can't leave. My friends got a bag full of explosives. Let's use them," Dad says.

I go with Dad and Chewie as we watch the blast doors open. Dad shoots at the troopers and hits one. I use the Force and throw one against the wall. I activate my lightsaber and deflect the blaster shots back at the troopers. We get them all and continue down the corridor. We get to a closed service hatch waiting for Rey. They open and we go in.

"Girl knows her stuff."

Chewie growls a response.

We reach the inside of the complex and split the charges.

Dad points around. "We'll set the charges against every other column," Chewie growls, "You're right. That's a better idea. You take the top. Bree and I'll go down below. Detonator. We'll meet back here."

Dad and I walk towards a set of stairs and Chewie goes the opposite way. I take a handful of charges and place them on the same column.

We hide behind a column as we hear troopers around us. Dad peers out and sees Ben walking away. He follows him to the walkway. I try to stop him but there's nothing I can do to stop him.

Dad stops at the edge of the walkway. "Ben!"

Ben stops and I hear the sound of blasters cocking. I walk out from my hiding spot and watch.

Ben turns around. "Han Solo. I've been waiting for this day for a long time."

Dad walks out onto the walk way. A door opens and I look up. I see Finn and Rey. This isn't good.

Dad continues walking then stops. "Take off that mask. You don't need it."

"What do you think you'll see if I do?"

"The face of my son."

The helmet hisses and Ben lifts it off his head. "Your son is gone. He was weak and foolish like his father. So I destroyed him."

Dad starts walking again. "That's what Snoke wants you to believe. But it's not true. My son is alive."

"No," Ben counters. "The Supreme Leader is wise."

"Snoke is using you for your power. When he gets what he wants, he'll crush you," Dad reaches Ben and stops walking. "You know it's true."

"It's too late."

"No, it's not. Leave here with me. Come home. We miss you."

I sense the conflict in Ben. The sadness. The fear.

"I'm being torn apart. I want to be free of this pain. I know what I have to do but I don't know if I have the strength to do it."

I get an uneasy feeling in my gut.

"Will you help me?" he asks Dad.

"Yes. Anything."

Ben drops his helmet, and grabs his lightsaber. The feeling gets intenser. The room darkens indicating the weapon is almost charged.

They both have their hands on the saber. Ben turns it and activates it, piercing our father's chest. I drop to my knees and scream. I hear Chewie howl and Rey yell. I break into sobs as I hear the familiar lightsaber crackle. Dad goes over the edge into the abyss.

"No. Ben. Why?" I mutter to myself.

I know Mom felt it. I stand up and wipe my tears. Chewie shoots Ben. I jump to the floor Chewie is on as the troopers start shooting. We retreated down a corridor. As Chewie hit the button on the detonator I cast one final look back at my monster of a brother. The explosion was big and one I'm sure my dad would have loved. Chewie and I navigated our way out of Starkiller Base and got to the Falcon. Chewie flew pilot and I flew copilot. We found Rey and Finn in the woods. Finn was laying limp on the ground. Chewie landed and carried Finn onboard. Rey ran behind them. Rey stayed in the medbay with Finn as Chewie and I flew the ship out. Tears streamed down my face. The familiar X-Wing flew behind us. Starkiller Base exploded as it was never there. We jump to hyperspace leaving it all behind.