If the Male Princess is feeling down, Jiang Cheng had to feel down as well, because 'confidants' should bear the burden together.

Being Jin Zixuan's 'confidant' is...

Fucking.

Inconvenient.

What the hell.

"I did." A-Jie pulled up a smile, "A-Xuan likes it very much."

Good to know.

He's saved from stress today.

Or so he thought.

After hearing a positive response, Jiang Cheng rerouted his gaze to Wei Ying, the latter was staring ahead, sight locked on a certain 'someone'.

This 'someone' is 'also' staring at her.

Wei Ying nods once in greeting, but the former did not return the gesture (of course, what do you expect from the Light-Bearing Lord? Be a gentleman? Respond?). He was silent, looking in her direction, as though he was expecting -- no, waiting -- for something.

Oh?

Jiang Cheng noticed a lone flower peeking on the left pocket of Wei Ying's purple robes.

Hah!

Lan Wangji... he's expecting Wei Ying to throw him a flower?!

This man...!

Jiang Cheng was speechless!

Jiang Cheng couldn't help but chortle, "Haha." attracting the attention of his siblings.

"What is A-Cheng thinking?" A-Jie wondered.

Breaking her eye contact with the Lan, "Can you share your thoughts with us?" Wei Ying probed.

Jiang Cheng shrugs their questions away, "Nothing."

He hadn't expected Lan Wangji to be so assuming!

It was very uncharacteristic of him!

What an astonishing scene.

The flower... Wei Ying didn't seem to want to give it to him.

Unfortunately for Lan Wangji.

Poor him.

"You're making me more curious..." Wei Ying protruded her lips, her appearance petulant.

"You don't need to know."

Her expression darkened at his dismissal of the subject.

Jiang Cheng seemed to be pushing Wei Ying away. Not just once, but several times. Especially when she asked about his whereabouts during the three months he had been missing.

Wei Ying started, 'Jiang Cheng...'

Jiang Cheng explained without delay, 'Back then, a swarm of Wen-dogs was looking for me everywhere. They had been waiting for me, had caught me right there, and had thrown me into some hellhole to suffer.'

A-Jie's tensed countenance morphed into frost. 'What place?'

'We've asked everyone in town, so how come everyone says they haven't seen you?!' Wei Ying exclaimed, irises shining with dread.

'You asked the people in the town?' Jiang Cheng said, finding the words funny. 'They're all a bunch of naive farmers afraid of causing trouble for themselves, so who would dare to tell you the truth? And the Wen-dogs have 'definitely' done something to keep their mouths shut. Of course they all said they hadn't seen me.'

With fury in her physiognomy, A-Jie murmurs, 'Those old...' she stops herself.

Wei Ying peppered him with questions. 'What hell of a place? Qishan? Nightless City? How did you get out? And you've become like this...'