Wei Ying laughed, the sound comparable to a chime of bells.

'Wei Ying.'

Wei Ying was frozen in her seat, demeanor stiff.

She recognized this voice.

It was very 'familiar' to her.

How could she not know it?

Her hold from the brush slipped and sunk with a 'thud!', its ink staining the floor a thin black.

'Wei Ying...'

Wei Ying's steadfast eyes were trembling. In her eyes, his figure standing beside A-Jie could be seen.

'A... A-Cheng!' She dashed over, bursting into tears as she did.

Jiang Cheng said, 'I'm back.'

He extended his arms to the running Wei Ying, ready to welcome her in his embrace. However, before he could feel her warmth in his person, a stinging pain struck his chest.

'You brat!' Wei Ying scolded, there was anger within her joy. 'Where have you been these three months?!'

She struck him once more.

'I was so worried!'

Over...

'I thought I'd never see you again!'

...and over.

'Never, ever do this again!'

Jiang Cheng endured the strikes.

'Hit me as much as you want.'

These heavy blows pale in comparison to the pain he inflicted on her, anyway.

He deserved much harsher punishment than this.

But Wei Ying is just too kind. Too nice. Too gentle.

If Jiang Cheng were in her shoes, he wouldn't forgive himself. He was never going to acknowledge... accept himself again.

'So long as it makes you feel better.'

Wei Ying sobbed, her attacks coming to a stop, balled fists dropping on her sides. 'What took you so long...?'

'I'm sorry.' He inched their small distance, hugging her tightly. 'It was a long story.'

Tearing up, A-Jie joined in on the hug, patting her younger siblings on the back.

Wei Ying choked on her whimpers as she mumbled incoherently through his shoulder: 'I can listen. I can put up with the length as long as you share everything with me... share everything with Shijie...'

Jiang Cheng lowered the hand that he held the flowers with and shook his head.

"A-Jie, did you also give Jin Zixuan a flower? If you didn't, that Peacock might come running to me and rant again. Just thinking about it makes my temples ache." Jiang Cheng frowned, troubled by the possibility.

That was something Jiang Cheng did not want to 'happen'.

A gloomy Peacock means a gloomy day for him, since he promised to be Jin Zixuan's confidant in return for a 'favor'. And that particular 'favor' has been granted not too long ago (when Wei Ying was sent away from the 'celestial' mountain, this favor was fulfilled. Thus, the promise stands between them -- he had to be Jin Zixuan's confidant through thick and thin).

Making moves to A-Jie, he'll request assistance to Jiang Cheng. How to woo her, he'll consult Jiang Cheng. Courting. Giving gifts. The list continues. All he'll approach is Jiang Cheng (what's the use of his men, then?! Could he not have asked them?!).