xv - epilogue

five years later

five years later...

"So, I take it the Jabba's Empire is finally neutralized?" Plo Koon asked, sitting in the seat that used to belong to Mace Windu, the seat directly to the left of him empty, as well as the seat to the right of Master Yoda.

They have been for the past two years.

In the center of the chambers, Anakin, Evelyn, Gungi, and Anakin's apprentice for three years now, Zett Jukassa - a fifteen-year-old humanoid, are on a hologram reporting to the council.

Anakin nods, a smile on his face, "Yes Master, the Hutt Empire has finally fallen," he says proudly, "The slave rebellion led by Owen Lars has managed to overthrow Jabba and his forces, freeing Tatooine once and for all."

Yoda smiled, knowing this brought a great amount of peace to Anakin, "Done well, you have. Return to the temple, your Padawans will," Yoda says, pondering his next words, "Sending Master Skywalker and Master Zaad to Takodana, we are."

Evelyn and Anakin exchanged puzzled glances, wondering about the purpose of their mission to Takodana, "You're going to be meeting an old friend of ours there," Plo Koon explains, "She has the location of one of the first temples of the order," Anakin and Evelyn nod in understanding, "We need you two to go there and recover the ancient texts so we can further our knowledge on balance with ourselves."

"Yes, Masters," Anakin says, ending the transmission.

Once the council meeting concluded and the Jedi and their Padawans parted ways, Anakin and Evelyn made their way to their ship - a Corellian YT-1300 that Anakin was gifted after freeing slaves from the Pykes on Corellia.

He's been heavily modifying it with Evelyn, and he's almost finished.

"You ready?" Evelyn asks Anakin, who gives her a quick kiss, something falling out of Evelyn's robe; a necklace that she had tried to keep hidden from the Jedi.    

Anakin wiggles his eyebrows at the necklace that fell through her robes, "Can't have anyone seeing that," he says teasingly.

Evelyn looked down at her ring, which Anakin had lovingly crafted from gold and a part of his old kyber crystal, the same crystal that had been accidentally destroyed during a mission they embarked on four and a half years ago,helping The Bad Batch recover lost clones from Mount Tantis.

She rolled her eyes playfully before reaching under Anakin's robes, retrieving his gold ring that she had crafted for him.

"Oops," Evelyn smiles at her husband innocently, "Guess we're both caught," she says, causing Anakin to smile, shaking his head.

"I love you," Anakin says, still amazed by his wife of four years, leaning over to kiss her.

As they continued their playful exchange, another item slipped out from Anakin's robe - a blue crystal, elegantly suspended from a sturdy necklace crafted from Mandalorian beskar. A tribute to both his fallen master and the woman Anakin knew to be the love of his master's life: