Chapter 15 - Promise

ابدأ من البداية

[ Later... ]

As I thought, I was late for school. History class had already finished when I arrived at school. After what happened, I think it's quite normal. Even now I'm thinking about how a car didn't hit me on the road since I couldn't even walk properly.

So I entered the class, everything seems normal. Looks like they took a break from the cultural festival preparations. Casual smiles and greetings. That's enough for me.

''Asuka-kun, I'm sorry we forgot to wake you up! You're with us today as well, aren't you? I'll definitely not forget tomorrow!'' The usual cheerful Yotsuba, always positive and energetic.

''I'm counting on that Yotsuba-chan. Do your best!''

''How can you be late for classes? I can't believe you, do you have any idea how important they are?'' The usual asshole Fuutarou, always pain in the ass yet reliable.

''I believe what is truly abnormal is you; it would be rude to leave people's homes without informing them.''

''Uesugi-san was studying even though I was the first to arrive at the school!'' Yotsuba looked at us with a smile, but I can see her ribbon had slipped a little. I suppose she ran to be here in time.

She looked happy as if what had happened on game night had never happened. Or maybe...

''After all, exams are coming, he is a student as well, not only some tutor.''

''Oi Yotsuba, Pay some attention to your clothes.'' Fuutarou finally spoke with a followed sigh.

''Whaddya mean Uesugi-san?''

''Your hair is all messed up.'' Fuutarou stood up from his seat, put down his pen on the table, and then gently ran his fingers through Yotsuba's hair to fix.

''U-u-uesugi-san?!?!'' Yotsuba looked at Fuutarou with a shocked expression, maybe it was a little shyness?

''Don't move! Tch...'' It's a cute sight to see Fuutarou trying to fix Yotsuba's messed-up hair with his hands. Yotsuba's flushed face makes it difficult for her to not moving.

''H-ha...T-thank you Uesugi-san...''

''Sheesh, when did you two start dating?''

Let's spice things up.

''Shut up! / W-what are you saying!?'' They both shouted at me at the same time, their red faces are definitely a sight worth seeing.

''Okay okay, I just wanted to mess with ya two.''

Fuutarou is struggling to tie Yotsuba's ribbon, and I can understand why. It must be tough to shape a ribbon into a bunny shape, yet Yotsuba does it every morning. ''You little...!''

Yet when I look at them, I see myself in the morning. It's like reliving the same feeling again. I'm unable to focus on the classes or anything else today. Involuntarily, I keep touching my lips, as if I can still taste it...

''...Ouch.''

Ah! I pinched my cheeks to re-gain my focus, If people start doubting, I'm done af. But I also need to think about this... What am I going to answer? Is there an answer that can be given? Or I'm wrong about everything?

I closed my eyes and leaned my back against my seat. Fuutarou and Yotsuba had calmed down and were talking like normal friends. It's good that they won't bother me, I need to stay within the boundaries of my mind for a while. Thankfully, no one knows what happened. I guess it will be better for Itsuki and me to keeping it as a secret at least until everything is cleared up. No one will find out anyway, heh!

''Silence...''

''Ah, by the way! How was your first kiss Asuka-kun?''

̶̡̖̝̲͙͔̭̝̖̈̀̈́͒̚̚͝͝ ̶̛͈̱̤̠̣͐̈̍̈̏̓ͅ ̵̡̧̥̣̺͔̣͖̱̞̲̻̪̻̗̦̫̑̾̾̒̈̄̀̍̉͒͠ ̸̧͔̩̼̙͋͊ ̴̛̟̣͈̤̟͇̙͓̜͈̮̞̖̭̯̐̿̏͂̀̔̍͗͐̄̇͊͝͠͝ͅ ̴̻̜̉͆ ̴̡̧̡͖̗̦̣̱̘̅͑̎̑̈́̅̍̾̌͐̾̀̿̌̚ ̷̡̢̛͖̪̥̝̬͎͓̘͎̹͔͖̦̹̝͉͉̈́̀̌̽̊̐̚ ̴̫̃͒͝ ̶̧̥̦̭͓̣̼̠̠̖͓̠̳͚͌̆͐̐̅̃̿̇͐̐̕͜ ̵̡͕̥̯̩͓̯̊̿͊́̏̅͑̀̋̈̂͊̔̓̕ ̴̛͕͈̠̩̜̫͚̫͗̍͐́̅̍̚ ̷̠̝̱͍͍̿̏̕ ̷̨̡̬͌͛͌̇̿͌͋͝͝ ̶̪͕̈́̀͆͐̄̓̉͘͠ ̴̢̫̮̫̮̠͚̟̰̠̖̞̻̱͔̆̊ͅ ̷̡̩̲̹͚̫̯͎̦̺́͋̇̃̈̍͋́͊͌̈́̃͆̽̒̒͌͘ ̸̡̼̲̾̑͆͋̒̓̉̾̾̚͝ ̶̡̘̲̬̰̼̫̥͈̹̼̞̑̅́͗͊̄͌̽̎̄͗̕͠ͅ ̸̡̧̢̫̣̖̰̗̼̯͚̰̞̊̓̀͊̽̕ ̷̧̳͓̠͕̞̥̫̱̜̈̐͆͊̍ ̵̧̨̧̡̜̲͓̩̭̜͗̆̀́̆͊͂̋͋̏̊̈͊̀̎̕͠͠ͅ ̶̪̺͗͑͌̂̍̍͌ ̸͎̥̓́̅̓͌̎͊̔̍̉̏̿́͘̚͜͜ ̶̗̼͇̹̙̟̹͉̟͙̬̣̬̜̓̔̔̌͂̅͌̓̊̈́̇̀͋̕ ̸̹͆̔̎̏̉͑̑͆͂͂̃̈́̿̀̏̀̕͘ ̶̛̭̬̜̣́̔́̉͐̋̔̊̀̈́́̀̑̔͊̑̽̚ ̵̡̧̨̢̛̮̞͚̦͇͉̠̲̟̼̱̯͓̐͐̽͑̿̃̊̔̇̄̒̄̾͊̚͠ͅ ̵̨͇̣͉̯̠̥̫̮̬̯̗̂̎͋̋̾̚͝ ̷̧̢̦͖̰̝̖̍́̒̒̆͆̀̂̓̈́̅̎̇͘͠͝ ̸̧̺̭̹̖̠̻̺̟͚͕͉̲̘͕̱͚͉̌͗́͌̆͆̾͋͑̐͋̌͋̄͌͗͝ ̷̡̞̭͓͍͈̐̅̀̽̑̎̑͒̕͝ ̸̖̎̊͝ͅ ̵̧̱͈͈̩̜͈̖͉̤̤̩̼̀́͛͐͂̑͛́̋̋̌̈̚ͅ ̸̭͉͔̣͓̖̓̒͑̏̀̕ͅ ̶̛̜̯̜͖̦̹͉̈́́̓́̎̋͑̃̒͒̕͝ ̸͍̜͍̯̥̫͙̦̞̳̈̓͜ ̵̨̳̮̫̱͕͚̳̜̼̼͇͕̜̿͛͛͆̃͜͠ͅ