Otherworld Dance

Aiden stared at himself in the mirror. He had thrown on a black kurta and matching pants for the Otherworld dance later that evening. His mind raced with thoughts.

I should probably change.

She's not gonna like it.

Maybe I shouldn't go.

Aiden sighed as Malini entered his room with a cup of steaming chai. 

"What now, beta?" she asked fondly, setting the cup on his dresser and cupping his face. He looked down.

"Did you tell her yet?"

Aiden jerked his head up. "I don't-"

"Don't lie to yourself."

"Maybe I just- shouldn't go," he said despairingly, running a hand through his hair. "She might not want to talk to me. Heck, I wouldn't want to talk to me!" Malini just smiled.

"Give her a chance. She might be a little, ah, impulsive, but she's spirited. I'm sure she'll hear you out." She looked him up and down. "My son, looking so handsome," she crooned, changing the topic. "I'm sure she'll be jealous-"

Aiden groaned, cutting her off. "Okay Ma, I get it! I'll talk to her."

Malini smiled mischievously. "I'll leave you to it, then."

Part 2??? Let me know in the comments! Also, do tell me if you want to see a specific oneshot. I'd be happy to write it and give you credit for the idea!!!