TWELVE ─ [ . : 。✿ ] white clover

Start from the beginning

Lori was so in love that sometimes, it made her dizzy just thinking about (Y/N)!

Of course, she'd known from the very beginning that her new roommate was special. She knew──  how could she not? But the feeling had only grown exponentially from there. (Y/N) was perfect, she was so clearly perfect, and it felt like the stars were aligned for them to cross paths, because they were so totally, completely, undeniably perfect for each other!

Perhaps it was cliché to say, but there had always been something missing. Of course, Lori had always been mostly happy. She had a loving father, friends, an acting career that was building up... but the joy was incomplete. She was fairly positive that if this was all life had in store for her, she would be okay. But she would never be satisfied. There would always be a gap somewhere that hadn't been filled.

And (Y/N) filled that gap 'til it overflowed. With her, the joy was so intensely overwhelming that everything else paled in comparison. The sun shined in the sky, but nothing warmed her skin the way seeing (Y/N)'s smile did. The birds sang, but how could they compare to her sweet voice? And even the most vibrant of sunsets were child's play next to the specific hue of (Y/N)'s (E/C) eyes.

Lori was so in love she couldn't see straight, and she was sure this was gonna be her happy ending. She could see it all now. They'd have their first date at a movie theater, share popcorn and hold hands. Maybe if it was scary, (Y/N) would wrap her arm around her and keep her safe! Lori would propose at the same art museum she'd take (Y/N) to on their second date──  of course, only after the appropriate amount of time spent dating. As sure as Lori already was that they'd spend an eternity together, she wanted to give her darling the love story she deserved, and that meant being patient. After they got married, they'd buy a cute little house far away from everybody else. Grow a garden in the backyard and have cute little farm animals. If (Y/N) wanted kids, that'd be so wonderful; they'd be the best parents anyone's ever seen! But if she didn't, hey, even better! No one to steal her attention away from Lori.

She saw the rest of their lives spent so splendidly in love with each other as clear as day every time she closed her eyes. She daydreamed about it constantly now, and couldn't wait for the day it all came true!

There was the smallest shadow of doubt in her mind, however.

The others were clearly very fond of the girl, too. And they weren't shy in showing it, though (Y/N) had remained completely oblivious to it all. Now, Lori wasn't really the insecure type, but sometimes when the others said something that earned that gorgeous smile on (Y/N)'s face, she felt a bitter jealousy crawling up her chest and into her throat. Why should they get to see that dazzling smile? What did they do to earn such a privilege?

Still, that wasn't what brought the shadow of doubt inside of Lori. No, she was fairly certain that with a love as deep and devoted as her's, no one could compete. Rather, it was this strange sense of hunger gnawing at her from the inside out. A hunger that insisted: if we're so perfect for each other, maybe I'm all she needs.

She didn't want to be selfish. Especially with someone who was so brilliantly kind. But she felt like she was starving. And she wouldn't be satisfied until she had all of (Y/N).

So it was okay if Lori was a little selfish. Just this once.

Right?

Naoki had never known love would be so painful.