The Watchman of the Underworld

Start from the beginning

"Cool, thanks. Once you're done with that, could you bring Subjects B and D to the sim room?" Idia said.

"Roger."

The male chuckled, "It's gonna be fascinating seeing the stats for the Housewardens at the prestigious Night Raven College."

He smiled, "I'm viewing their data now, and there are some very interesting results." He said, as he looked at the data.

"Bring up their data on the monitor."

"Ooh, look at the difference in their blot gain rates."

"Totally. Let's start with Riddle." He said, as he looked over the stats of the three, "He busts out spells like he's in hyperdrive. And his magic pool is way beyond other mages his age. He must've had special training from a super young age. Like sports pro who's practiced their whole life. And that artificially increased his pool. It's the only possible explanation for these numbers. His strength is from hard work rather than being some kind of prodigy, if you ask me." He smiled.

"He also had a tendency to elevate his output and brute-force his magic during moments of indecision." Ortho smiled.

"He can get away with that since he's got the power to back it, but kinda inefficient. Besides...His blot accumulation rate spikes with his output. It's through the roof."

"Looking at this data, it appears his mental state is heavily impacted by external factors. He was under more stress in test twi, and that had a clear influence on his blot levels."

"He's got magic muscle in spades, but he's fragile physically and mentally. High offense, paper-thun defense...If Riddle got isekai'd into an MMO, he'd pick a glass cannon ranged DPS class in a heartbeat."

"Azul Ashengrotto-san has some sharp stat contrasts as well. Fascinating results."

"Azul's a relatively slow caster, but he's got precision and control. While Riddle took point and blasted off spells, Azul gauged what was happening and ran support. You could say he's calm and efficient. Or you could say he's stalling and using other people as shields."

"Maybe that means he's suited to a healer class that sticks to the back and observes the whole field." Ortho smiled, speaking in game terms to his brother.

"So much this. He also keeps a cool head when faced with curve balls, which is another solid trait for people playing support."

"But while he utilizes a wide range of spells, his magic pool isn't big enough to sustain them."

"Maybe that's why he's so careful about when he uses them. Like, he's banking on his quick thinking to make up for his lack of reserves, or something. And his signature spell requires the use of a magic item, so he can't use it whenever. Azul's definitely an "always be cautious" kinda guy."

"His style is basically the opposite of Riddle Roeshearts-san's."

"Right? Okay, last up, we've got Vil..." Idia said, before looking over the male's stats, "And boy, talk about stable."

Ortho nodded, "His number on his magic pool, manifestation speed, and potency are all remarkably high."

"He has no sharp performance spikes, but is solid in both offense and defense. I'm pretty sure Vil didn't get any specialized training before he enrolled at our school. These numbers are pretty impressive, when you consider that."

"He's physically and mentally resilient, and it's worth noting how little stress affects his blot accumulation."

"With these stats, he'd definitely be a tank!"