day trip

In the morning I woke slowly. I knew it had to be far later than I usually woke up. From the grogginess I had. I felt arms around my waist and a chest beneath my head. 'Oh please don't tell me I drank something I shouldn't have.' Just as I began to dread something awful had happened I remembered Tom showing up late toy party. Slowly the events of yesterday began to settle into my mind. I looked up at him raising off his chest to do so.

         Tom was laying there a small smirk on his lips. Clearly had been watching me for awhile. "I hope I was a good pillow for you Vel." He said his voice dripping with humor.

       Desiding to play along I narrowed my eyes at him. "Bad pillow." I grumbled giving a playful smack to his chest. "Pillows don't talk. Shhh" I finished putting my head back down. Even as we both fought our laughter.

      "We do still need to talk Vel." He told me softly once we had both managed to control ourselves. I sighed softly and sat up facing away from him. The chain clinked as he sat up as well. Draping his arms over my shoulders he spoke again. "Vel think of it this way. Now introducing Vel Marous Emrys-Riddle. Husband to Lord Voldemort. Well future husband right now." I couldn't help the giggle that extracted from me.

         Turned slightly to him as he pulled me into his lap. "Small problem with that Tom. I only agreed to courting so far. And you never asked to marry me so we aren't really engaged." I heard him snarl at that comment. I felt myself relax not having realized how tense I had been. "Not that I believe I will say no. Just I want to do this right. Since you've decided to go with formal courtship." He put his head down on top of my shoulder now.

      "Fair enough." He sounded as though he understood what I meant so I let it be. "How long will you keep me chained up Vel? I'll have to use the facilities at some point you know." He asked smirking into my cheek. I turned giving him a smirk right back.

      "I do believe you'll find those chains will reach everything inside the mountain." I told him as I had magicked them to do so with the help of my goblin tutor Griplock. His open shock made me laugh at him for several minutes. "Honestly probably quite some time. You left so quick after your stamina was better. Then you were gone for so long. Might just keep you forever." I told him trying to keep a straight face , however a smile was quickly blossoming.

       He chuckled at me darkly. "I see. Other then making it an alliance what set off your temper? We both know that reaction was a last straw sort of thing." Tom kissed my cheek after asking likely due to my rising temper being visible.

     "How about the fact that you asked for stuff for me and nothing for yourself! How about the fact that you offered to just tell them about my reasons for wearing dresses! Or maybe just maybe I don't want to feel like some silly girl that needs protecting constantly!" I ranted at him trying to show him just how displeased I am with him. I tossed his arms off me and stood up furious. "Need to pee." I left the room dispelling the enchantments as I went.

      I got about halfway there before I heard him coming. The chain rattling across the floor as he ran to catch me up. I ignored him. Just as I ignored Papa and the others as they came from the kitchen. Once in the restroom I took care of my bladder. Washing my hands before I splashed ice cold water on my face. I partly left the room to pee but I also needed to walk away before I said something I didn't mean. I could hear frantic whispering in the walkway but I didn't care. I took a while to collect myself before opening the door.

     To my surprise it was daddy standing outside waiting for me. "Come on little cub let's talk this out." He said using his nickname for me. I nodded and grabbed his hand. I hadn't often gotten willingly close to him like this. So his mild surprise wasn't unexpected. "It's not that bad Vel. So your a hot head like your mum. Your also just as ambitious as your father was." I looked up at him. Not even in my last life had he ever said a kind word about my father. He walked us down to the park in the fortress and sat us on a bench