Chapter 1

Eggman growled as he remembered the times Sonic foiled his plans of world domination, just the memory very triggering as the madman slammed his fist down on the control panel to his supercomputer.

"Blast that hedgehog! I was so sure he wouldn't win this time! It's like some forces really are on his side!" Eggman yelled.

"Perhaps there could be another way to finally get rid of him." Orbot suggested.

"And what would that be?" Eggman questioned, still very clearly ticked.

"Well sir, I have recently run into an interesting legend similar to Dark Gaia, one being in particular who might aid you." Orbot replied.

"Really... and what might be their name?" Eggman asked, interested.

"No one really knows sadly, but he's said to be pretty powerful." Orbot replied.

"Hmmm." Eggman pondered on the information he just received, before looking the being up, spending up to twenty minutes before finding him. "Would this be him?" He asked, clicking on a depiction image of the being with his name underneath it.

"Yes." Orbot confirmed.

"So this Zant has this dark power." Eggman commented, hand on his chin in deep thought. "This is perfect! Sonic will for sure lose to him!" He exclaimed in excitement.

"Yes but, how would you be able to summon him?" Orbot asked.

"Oh there's a few things I can think of." Eggman replied. "And by the end of all this, Sonic will wish he was never born." He cackled evilly.

***

A few days later, Sonic ran around in the woods surrounding Station Square, the cobalt hero leaping gracefully over fallen trees while Tails flew beside him, holding a tracker in his hand.

"Got any readings on that thing bud?" Sonic asked Tails.

"Nothing yet, but we are getting close to the energy that came from Eggman's base. I wonder what he's up to this time." Tails replied.

"Nothing good, that's for sure. But I can't help but get this feeling that the energy is somehow foreign." Sonic commented.

Tails thought for a moment. "It's definitely nothing I've ever seen before, maybe Infinite's back?"

"If that's the case, I'll happily take him on, I'm still itching to get a little payback on him despite the last time we saw him." Sonic replied, eagerly speeding himself up.

In a few minutes, Sonic and Tails arrived at Eggman's base, the cobalt hedgehog and yellow kitsune fox halting just behind the treeline. Groups of badniks stood guard outside of the base, each one turning their heads, scanning the area for intruders.

'Eggman is definitely up to no good.' Sonic thought. Sonic glanced up, brow raising as he spotted a cloud half dark and half light hovering above the base, the said cloud sparking with yellow electricity that reminded Sonic of Shadow's chaos spears.

"Whaddya think that could be?" Sonic asked Tails.

"I'm not sure, but it matches the readings to the strange energy." Tails replied, glancing up at the cloud.

"Well we probably shouldn't stick around, let's go and-"

Sonic was interrupted as the sudden sound of thunder going off was heard. Both Sonic and Tails glanced up, seeing the cloud start to twirl like a tornado above the base, lightning and thunder going off.

'I gotta stop Egghead now!' Becoming impatient, Sonic dashed toward the base despite Tails calling for him, the cobalt hero home attacking any badniks that attacked him before he spin dashed the door open, running through the long hallway. As Sonic ran, the atmosphere began to get gloomy quite literally, it now looking as if dawn and dusk were meeting at the same time, and black pixels floated upwards, the sight alone confusing Sonic.