Chapter Two

"I'm sorry. . ." Blake mumbled, looking at her old black boots. Something in the way Yang's face changed made Blake's heart pound even harder.

"Sorry for what? We all know why you left, and it's understandable, Blake. You were scared, and didn't want The White Fang to find you. But your safe now, and your here with me. That doesn't change how much I love you Blake. You're my one and only-my little kitten-and I've just now realized how important you are to us. . . To me."

It took Blake a while to realize Yang was addressing herself as well as the rest of the team. The Faunus opened her mouth to speak, but Yang pressed a gentle kiss to her temple and spoke again. "Blake Belladonna, I don't want to hear your objections. Right now, I want us to go inside, and you tell me about everything that's happened to you. And I'll share what's been on my mind."

Blake kept her face soft and monotone as she followed Yang inside the apartment.  They trudged up the rickety wooden staircase onto the second level where Yang briskly walked over to a tall oak door, identical to all the others, and opened it, leading Blake inside. It was inviting, with a modernized layout. There was a small foyer with paintings of different styles and shades, (mostly yellows and reds) tan painted walls and sleek black wood floors. The wallpaper and flooring seemed to be the same throughout the whole house, Blake observed, as she was led by the blonde to a brightly decorated living room.

Pictures of Yang and Ruby were only a handful of the total pictures, Team JNPR and all their friends wearing happy smiles in a picture taken the last day of school. Blake's lips upturned at the memory of her teammates. There were other pictures taken that day that Blake hadn't seen. There was one of Ruby who was kissing Weiss on the cheek, the heiress wearing a soft smile herself. Another where Jaune had Pyrrha in his arms like a bride, both of them seeming to be laughing hysterically, and yet another with Nora happily perched on top of Ren's shoulders, her head resting on top of his.

"You know, Ren proposed to Nora two Sundays ago," Yang said gently from the hallway, her body resting against the wall. "And of course she said yes."

Blake nodded with a slight smile, looking back at the picture of the boyfriend and girlfriend, a small smirk on both of their faces with the lush background of the Beacon Academy garden surrounding them. She looked back to Yang, who seemed expectant.

"I can't say I'm not surprised. They were always so affectionate towards each other." Yang nodded in response to the other girl, and sauntered over to her side. Her body was warm despite the September cold, and she set one of her hot hands into Blake's grasp. Any tension in Blake's mind began to fade away.

"They're trying for a baby, you know." Blake wasn't sure why Yang pointed that out. Maybe because she was proud, or because she wanted one herself. . .

Blake's eyes caught a glimpse of another picture, two brides happily kissing under a wedding arch, snow falling in wisps around their small frames. The taller one had on a lush, long sleeved silk gown that trailed off into the distance, white hair pulled into a flawless bun on the top of her head. As for the second bride, short red and black hair was straightened and parted to the side, with a gray three quarter sleeved dress, the back crossed by black ribbons and a little red bow.

It was Weiss and Ruby.

"Two years married." Yang proudly stated, following Blake's gaze. "They were truly beautiful that night."

Guilt stung at Blake's chest for missing her teammates wedding. She felt woozy all of a sudden, but Yang had wrapped her pale arms around the cat's waist, letting her nuzzle into her shoulder.

Yang's hands trailed up the girl's waist and coaxed off her jacket, letting the worn leather fall to the carpet below them. Blake shivered as the cool air breezed by her now bare shoulders, and cuddled into Yang's grasp as far as she could go. They stood like that for a while, listening to the sound of each other's hearts as Yang played delicately with Blake's bow.

Blake sniffed. "Okay, h-here's what happened. . ."