30: Rushed Reunions

Începe de la început

Her mother's words were enough to silence her as she rose to her feet, spinning on her toes for her mother to see her dress. It was their little routine: whenever her mother would dress her, she would perform a twirl to show off her mother's efforts... before running off to ruin the dress by dragging it through mud and soil.

The mother-daughter moment was cut short when a maiden interrupted and called upon the Queen Mother, stating that she should follow urgently. Hathor turned to her daughter and held her hands in her own, before saying, "You should find your brothers, they are no doubt eager to meet you. They have missed you deeply."

Nilea agreed to obey her mother's wishes when she was left alone in her old bedchamber. The room remained the same way as it was before she joined the Celestials, except it looked tidier and shinier than usual. She suspected that her mother had instructed the help to frequent her room and maintain it, and their efforts would be celebrated enthusiastically at night, as the princess decided to stay the night. Ignoring her thoughts of sleep and comfort, Nilea rushed out of her chamber and made her way to where she suspected her brothers would be.

"Welcome, princess," Asim greeted, bowing his head as Nilea approached the council room. He approached the doors as soon as he noticed her, and rushed to meet her. He smiled as he asked, "Do we still call you 'princess', or is there another title you would much prefer us to refer to you by?"

Nilea shook her head, "No, 'princess' is fine. Thank you."

"I shall announce your arrival, albeit a council meeting has commenced. But I am sure that the king and his brothers and your father would prefer to abruptly bring an end to it for the sake of your return," he said as bowed his head. Without giving her a chance to stop him, Asim swung the doors wide open. Silence fell upon the room that was formerly filled with debates about the nation. Nilea hid herself from the doorway and left her brother's best friend standing before a large group of men rather awkwardly.

"Asim," Qebehsenuef groaned as he stared at his bodyguard, doing his best to not expose their friendship.

Asim ignored the youngest prince and looked at the king as he announced, "The princess is here. I was certain you would prefer to have met her upon her return, rather than later."

"Nilea?" Hapi called out, waiting for Asim to be proven right. Her brother's voice lured her out of her whimsical attempt at hiding and brought her into the spotlight. Nilea fidgeted with her fingers as she stared at the men in her family.

"You are all dismissed!" Ihy declared with a stern voice. His frustration was visible as he waited for the large group of men to leave his company. The king stared at his younger sister, who looked as though she was holding her tears back.

None dared to move towards each other until Qebehsenuef abandoned his former spot to pull his only sister into his arms, as tightly as he could manage. The remainder of her brothers quickly joined in the act of affection as they firmly clung to the female between them all.

"Let go of me! I cannot breathe!" Nilea whined as she began peeling hers brothers off herself. The room echoed with deep laughter as the large figures of masculinity granted her the space she desired.

"When did you return?" Ihy asked, taking his sister's hands in his own.

She answered, "A little over an hour ago."

"And you did not think to visit your king as soon as you arrived?" He questioned, frowning at the words.

"Of course not!" Nilea laughed as she spoke, "I was looking for our father when I arrived. But mother found me and thought I was too much of a mess for anyone to tolerate. So, she bathed and dressed me."