Chapter 8: Study group

Start from the beginning

"Huh?"

"You already know about them anyway and I trust you. Trusting each other is what friends do, right? So if you have any worries, you can just tell me."

I averted my gaze before releasing a quiet, embarrassed laugh. "Yes...trusting each other is what friends do..."

The way he openly revealed the fact he had such trust in me somehow pressured me. Though it made me a little happy someone trusted me to such an extent...I think.

"I'll tell you when I have problems..."

Although I doubted there was anything I couldn't solve by myself. If I was just given enough time, I could just go through every possible plan and decide which would be the best by the exclusion procedure.

"That's good. Now eat your food. You are already thin enough as it is."

I rolled my eyes. Ever since the swimming class, he has been weirdly adamant about me eating. I didn't think I was that thin. Sure, I didn't eat very much, but it wasn't like I starved myself to death.

"Yeah yeah, whatever."

Eating together with someone wasn't someone I experienced very often. It is true that my aunt wasn't home very often, but I always assured her that it was alright. Being an international agent sure must be hard. At least I thought she is one...she never told me but there were enough clues for me to create that theory.

Some of them namely being her ability to speak almost every language there is, having the information of every criminal inside her head and the ability to analyze weapons as if she was the one wielding them by looking at a picture on the tv. The fact that she's travelling regularly also doesn't help diminish my suspicions. Well, maybe I'm just overthinking things...probably not though.

After finishing the food, Ayanokoji and I talked a bit before we decided that it was too late and he had to go back to his own room. What a shame...I enjoyed talking with him.

He was standing at the door, as he looked back.

"By the way, Sia. Although I refused Horikita's request, I wouldn't refuse yours if you asked me to cooperate with you."

Confused by the sudden mention of the cooperation request of Horikita, I raised a brow.

"Where does that even come from?"

"I just wanted to tell you."

"I see..." I nodded. Having him on my side would probably make everything easier, but on the other hand, Ayanokoji probably didn't want to take part in all of this. Is it really alright for me to ask the person I wanted to help for help?

"It's alright. I'm also doing it out of my own will." He said as if he responded to my thoughts. I didn't know what gave it away, but I was pretty sure that I wasn't so easy to read that anyone could just read my thoughts.

"I'lll be in your care then. Though it does made me wonder why you suddenly changed your mind?"

Ayanoki already opened the door, one foot of him already outside. Hearing my question, he stopped for a moment, pondering for a while before giving an answer.

"I wonder myself. Let's just call my reasoning...curiosity."

Part 2

"Thank you for your help, Hirano. Without you it would be much more difficult,"

A week or so had passed since the revelation of the so-called 'class points' and every student had bettered the behaviour for now. While this wouldn't help us gain any more points, it certainly helped with not losing our last point and maybe even more.