14

✧‿*:✧14✧:*‿✧

"Lo'ak is going to be fine," Neteyam tried to calm her down. Aé'teya rolls her eyes, trying to walk away from Neteyam who kept blocking her way.

"Yea, he is gonna be fine once I find him myself—"

"You're going to swim outside the reef?" Neteyam asked, stepping in front of Aé'teya before she could call her ilu, snapping the girl back to reality. Aé'teya let out a frustrated sigh.

"Lo'ak is missing and I'm not gonna stay here while—"

Her ears perked up as soon as the sound of a horn echoed throughout the place. She hope it was something she hoped for. Without thinking a single thought, the twins paced their way to where everyone gathered.

To see Lo'ak alive made the girl breathe a relieved sigh. Alive but he has a few wounds. Aé'teya began to glare at Ao'nung as the Olo'ekytan spoke, "The blame is his,"

"Okay, let's go," Jake said to Lo'ak who doesn't move his eyes away from Ao'nung.

"No," Lo'ak said, stopping himself from getting dragged by Jake, "This is not Ao'nung's fault. This was my idea."

Aé'teya couldn't believe her ears, the girl kept a scowl and scoffed, not wanting to hear any more lies from Lo'ak as the boy tried to protect the guy who sent him away to a near-death situation.
"Lo'ak," Neytiri called out to her son.

Lo'ak ignores her and looked at the Olo'ekytan and his family, "I'm sorry,"

Aé'teya was giving Ao'nung a glare. Neteyam had to pull her arms before they joined their family walking away from the scene.

"Dad, you told me to make friends with these kids. It's all I ever try to"

Lo'ak was cut by Jake, "I don't want to hear it."

"Dad..."

"You brought shame to this family," Jake said to Lo'ak. Lo'ak didn't react, as if he knew what Jake thought of him. Aé'teya was about to open her mouth, stopping Jake from saying any harsh words towards Lo'ak.

"Dad-" But she was interrupted by Neteyam who placed his hands in front of her with a look not to say anything.

"Can I go now?" Lo'ak asked, and it was all that he replied. 

Jake nodded his head to the side, dismissing Lo'ak, "Any more trouble and I'll tie a knot in your tail, you read me?" He warns Lo'ak once again.

"Yes, sir," Lo'ak said before he walks away from his family as they all watch him disappear from their frame. A scowl turns to a frown seeing Lo'ak walking away, Aé'teya wishes she could go after him but of course, he would want to be alone.

Neytiri turns to Neteyam and looked between him and Aé'teya "Where were you two?" Neytiri asked her two oldest children. 

"Yea, what happened to 'keep an eye on your brother'?" Jake questioned, agreeing with Neytiri. He wore a disappointed face. Just when he told her he was proud of Aé'teya but she disappoint him once again. 

She did, not Neteyam. She wasn't going to let them accuse Neteyam for not looking after Lo'ak, "I'm the one to blame, I was supposed to look for Lo'ak earlier. Neteyam is not to blame." Neteyam turned to her with a frown, of course, she would take the blame for him.

Neytiri looked at her daughter with disappointment, "I'm very disappointed in you, Aé'teya." She shook her head. 

The girl bit her lips, accepting the blame. She couldn't care less about how much trouble she's gotten but she's not letting another brother of hers get scolded. Not when Neteyam is fully innocent and it is indeed her fault Lo'ak went missing.