10

✧‿*:✧10✧:*‿✧

Aé'teya found herself peace in the water. She was swimming in the reef when she was greeted by her ilu. The girl smiled at the ilu before holding its head.

Her ilu made a noise once they reached the surface. Aé'teya was honored knowing that her ilu find comfort in her and smiled at the thought. She was proud to say she has been improving in riding her ilu with her class with Yääfey.

Yääfey had been nothing but nice and warm to her, unlike the rest of her friends who still shoot an imitating look at her.

"You've been pretty good at this." Yääfey greeted her, approaching her with her ilu. "Have you named her yet?" 

"I named her Nitxpa," she smiles, Nitxpa made a happy noise. They could tell she was happy about the name. 

Yääfey patted Nitxpa's head, "I like the name." She voiced. "You should come and swim with us one day! It'll be fun!"

Aé'teya frowned. Us? Who else would be with her? When it hit her, she realized Yääfey was talking about her group of friends. The girl tried to hide a discomforting look but Yääfey caught it. "If they try to annoy, I'll reason with them. But we don't have to swim with them if you're not comfortable." She assures Aé'teya with a smile. 

"I can invite Tsireya if you'd like! She'll definitely say yes to swimming." Yääfey gave her a cheerful look. "Sure," Aé'teya agrees and accepts her invitation.

•••

"Aé'teya!"

When Aé'teya was about to step into the pod, Neteyam's voice called out for her as he made his way to her. He had a cross look on his face and it had made her think if she had done something to anger him like this.

"Tuk told me what happened," Neteyam speak, folding his arms with Tuk by his side. Aé'teya stares at him with a confused frown, "Told you what?"

"That you were being picked on,"

Aé'teya looked down at Tuk, looking at her with disbelief and betrayed. "Tuk!" She yelled at her sister. That night she had asked Tuk to stay quiet about the incident and not to tell anyone. Tuk looked back at her innocently. "I told you not to tell anyone,"

"Why didn't you tell us?" Neteyam asked.

Aé'teya replied with her arms folded as well, "It's not a big deal, Neteyam. I already told them to go away."

"And you think they would obey?" 

"Yea–" She responded bluntly with a shrug, "I mean they haven't done anything so,"

Neteyam let out a sigh, dropping his arms and rolling his eyes, "Fine but you'll tell me if they pick on you again. We have each other's back, remember?" He repeated the words their father had said during the family meeting the evening they first arrived at their pod.

"Yea, I'll tell you." She nodded, looking away. Not believing her word, Neteyam continues to stare at her and give her the look. She exhale a breath, "I promise," She said, looking away and blinking a few times irritatedly before walking into their pod.

"What was that about?" Lo'ak asked just as soon as she entered the pod. He could hear them but only muffled from the inside.

"Mind your own business, Lo'ak." Aé'teya snapped at him. Kiri tried to hide a laugh by covering her mouth with her palm from seeing Lo'ak's confused face.