Chapter 36 Relationship Advice

Start from the beginning

Legoshi... being busy with something? Maybe you haven't really considered his life outside of you and the drama club... Still doesn't explain why he's been so secret about it... "That may be the case... but, he's been pretty secret about the whole thing. He won't even tell Jack and Jack is his best friend." You bring up. Lake sighs... "Usually when that's happening some people jump to conclusions... but, I'm not really the type to do that. Maybe, he's afraid of worrying you. You mentioned he's out at night doing things... Maybe, he's... doing something a little less than safe." Lake says. His answer just made you worry more. That would explain the tiredness and weird behavior. But, what is he doing!? He could be doing anything... He could be selling illegal stuff, getting into fights, what if he's being blackmailed!? Your mind races with scenarios as the rate of your breathing increases. Lake could hear your breathing. "H-hey, Calm down Y/N. I'm sure it's not too serious." Lake says in a calming tone. You listen to him and attempt to calm down.

"Look, if you two really love each other. Then, I'm sure he'd be okay with talking about this with you. Message him and try to meet up with him. Then you could have a conversation with him about this. It would be better than worrying about it. Right?" Lake says. You nod your head. "I guess you're right." You say.

You hear some background noise coming from the phone call. "Lake, why the hell isn't the meeting room cleaned? I have an important meeting in precisely 18 minutes!" You hear someone say. They sound both annoyed and worried. It was your uncle. You roll your eyes. "Okay, well it sounds like you gotta go." You say. Lake chuckles. "Yeah, looks like I've gotta take care of my precious man child." Lake whispers. You laugh. "Okay, love you kiddo. Remember to talk with him okay?" Lake says. You smile. "Okay, will do. Love you, dad!" You smile before realizing you called him dad. You hear audible stutter followed by a happy squeal that made Lake sound as if he were a 14 year old girl meeting her favorite band member at a concert. You were embarrassed by what you accidentally said but you smiled and laughed at his overly joyed reaction. "Hehe, alright I gotta go." You say before hanging up. You look around seeing that Leon was already gone. He apparently has better things to do.

You open up your messages with Legoshi. You take a deep breath before texting him. "What are you doing right now?" You ask. He surprisingly texts back pretty quickly. "Nothing really." He texts back. You text him back. "Wanna hang out <3?" You text adding the heart at the end for a little flair. You wait for his response. It took a long while for him to text back. "Yeah, but not right now. I'm currently paying respects to an old friend." He texts you. Paying respects... Does he mean he's at... "Are you visiting Tem's memorial?" You text him the question. "Yeah how did you guess?" He texts you. A slight feeling of sadness came over you as you thought about Tem. "Well... it's the only place that's a memorial on the school grounds." You text. He texts back. "Yeah, I heard you and Tem were friends."

You were surprised by how he knew that information. "Yeah, his death still is hard to believe. If I'm being honest if it weren't for him I probably wouldn't have even accepted to join the drama club... or got into a relationship with you. He encouraged me to put myself out there and he was a great friend. I miss him :(" You text as you felt sad by the conversation. Legoshi took awhile to reply. "I'm truly sorry to hear that Y/N. He was my friend too..." He texts back.

"Yeah I want there to be justice for him. I hope the murderer gets the karma they deserve." You text.

Legoshi's POV

I stand at Tem's memorial looking from my phone and to the door. I felt sorry and dumb for even considering Y/N as a suspect. I never knew how much Y/N cared about Tem. He never seemed to show how upset he was. Not to mention that the door that the murderer busted through had a huge indent in it... Far too big for any small animal to make. But, why would Riz even suggest Y/N as a suspect then? Maybe he just didn't know everything...

I look back at my phone. "Well, I'm almost finished here. How about we meet up out by the courtyard?" I text him. "Yeah, sure that sounds great. How about we meet there in like 25 minutes?" He texts me back. "Sounds good." I text him. I scroll up in the messages seeing several missed calls from Y/N over the past week. I sigh before shutting off my phone and putting it in my pocket.

 I felt disappointed with myself as I think back to what Aoba said. My love for you is a desire, Y/N. A hope, a want, and a need. And I've only been thinking about myself in this relationship.. I thought occasionally affection and cuddling in private would have been enough for us, but I have a feeling you want more than that. I'll try to treat you better starting tonight. I make my way out of the school building and outside. I look up at the dark night sky. I didn't realize how late it was.

I see a large shadow creep over me. Huh!? I try to look back but I feel something hard hit my head before I could see who's behind me. I get dizzy from the hit... I'm unable to concentrate... everything is fading to black...

to be continued...