Chapter 11 - Demonstration

Start from the beginning

"Right so, My name is Aizawa, and I'm your homeroom teacher for this semester. Put on your PE uniforms, were doing a quirk assessment test"

As quick as he said it, the wall opened to show a bunch of blue uniforms.

"What!? What about the freshmen ceremony?" asked Ochaco.

"You see, what's nice in this school is that I can teach my classes however I want, so get ready and come to the gym."

We all quickly took our set and went downstairs to the changing rooms.

"WOW!" someone yelled.

I turn to see a pink-skinned girl pointing at me.

"Uhh? Me?"

"How the- How do you have so much muscle?!"

"Well, I did some training?"

"Don't lie to me! THIS-" she said and held up my arm. "-IS WHAT YOU CALL TRAINING!?"

It was at this point that I saw that every girl was looking at me which made me a bit anxious.

"Yes?"

"How crazy was your trainer... Oh, I'm Mina by the way!"

I slipped on my shirt, which definitely showed my figure a bit more than the other uniform, and said, "I'm Yagi Izumi, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Mina and I walked outside talking about our admission process before we arrived where all the boys were. I felt a strange gaze.

"That gaze you feel is from the class pervert, he's called Mineta," Mina whispered in my ear.

I turned to the grape child and gave him a demonic look in his big eyes, which he seemed to understand the message.

"Alright," said Aizawa, "We're going to do something like a physical assessment test, however, unlike the very productive ministry of education, it's going to be with your quirks."

"Bakugo, since you got first place in the entrance exam, what was your longest softball throw?"

"67 meters"

"Try it with your quirk," Aizawa said, handing him a softball with a metal ring on it.

Bakugo stepped in and riled back his arm, "DIEEEE!"

I don't know why he yelled that but the ball flew out of sight akin to a rocket ship.

"705 meters, this is how you determine your maximum" A collective gasp echoed through the class.

"Really..? That far?" someone in the class said.

"Demonstrations are over, time for an 8-part test, last gets expelled, are you ready?"

"Yeah! WHAT!?" The class collectively said again.

UA is the best of the best, I guess I should have expected this I thought to myself.

But this is bad.

As much as I trained, muscles can't do much against genetic phenomena, so I got last place, or near last place in most exams. The last one I can do is the softball throw, I can only sacrifice my arm for it. I need an outstanding result if I want to stay in.

And now the softball throw, this is the only thing that I can at least get a decent score in. "Yagi, you're up. Stay in that circle and do whatever you want."

I step in the circle and wind up my arm, then I prepare myself and think of all my power reaching my arm.

"GO!"

The ball didn't go anywhere significant. "Wondering what happened?" I turned to see Aizawa with his hair up and his captured weapon floating around him.

"If I let you use your quirk right now, you would be out of commission for the rest of the day. Do you think that will be useful as a hero?" The momentary silence held weight, this... this feeling- I couldn't say anything. "You could knock down one building to save someone, but then who will save you?"

"I-"

"Real heroes turn unfair situations on their own, they don't need anyone else to save people. So what will you do? What will YOU do?" he was just pointing at me while he stood frozen and distraught.

If I'm the daughter of the number one hero, how could I be so weak?

"You have no potential. Go finish your test." Aizawa said and walked back with his hair falling down.

'I can't just give up, putting in so much effort for this can't be wasted, I can't just let what I took from my brother be useless... I need to make it work!'

Then I got an idea.