Late Night Bonding

Start from the beginning

"Oh my god!" Clary squealed as the pillows basically swallowed her whole. "Kazzie, stop it!"

"Do you yield, little sister?"

"We're twins!"

"Do you yield or not!"

"Yes-yes I yield!" As if that was the magic word, the pillows poofed out of existence and the twin's laughter once again filled the room.

"Never-" The blonde said in between giggles. "-never get into a pillow fight with a warlock, especially a Bane."

"Noted." Clary's face began hurting from the amount of smiling she's been doing since she's met her twin, making her think of all that the two had missed growing up.

"Okay." Kas began, cutting off Clary's train of thought. "Back to the questions. Ask away."

"Fine." She scrunched her nose with a tiny smile. "Since I'm you claim to know everything about me-"

"I said almost everything."

"-and I'm curious about yours, what's both of our favorite colors?"

Clicking her tongue, she tilted her head. "Purple. But not purple-purple, the cozy type of purple that's in the sunset when it bleeds into the orange and pink."

"Wow." The redhead nodded. "I was right, you are creepy."

"I will summon the pillows again." She narrowed her eyes playfully.

"Alright, I won't mention the creepiness again." The shadowhunter held up her hands in surrender.

"Thank you." Kas gave a satisfied nod. "And as for the second part, forest green."

"Forest green?" Clary blinked. "Isn't that the color of your magic?"

Signing, Kassidy's head hung low. "I can sense your judgment."

"No, no judgment. Just...is it normal for a warlock's favorite color to be their...magic color?"

"I don't know. It's not like I go up and ask. Can you imagine, 'Yes, hello. Lovely to meet you, what's your favorite color'? I'm not Buddy the Elf."

"Well I don't know!" Clary defended herself. "You and Magnus are the only warlock's I know."

"Then you need to expand your social circle." Kazzie gave her finger guns.

"Rude!" The redhead pushed the blonde's shoulder. "Wait,-" she suddenly remembered something else she wanted to know more about. "-since we're on the topic of magic, I need to ask. How are you a warlock and I'm a shadowhunter? Shouldn't we both be the same thing?"

"Not...necessarily, it's not as complicated as you might think." Kas started to explain. "When my dad first met both of us, he was curious about the same thing too. So, of course that involved lots of research and he started looking into twins born from Shadowhunters."

"Wha-why would Magnus start there?" Her brows furrowed. "That seems like it would be a deadend."

"Because a Shadohunter giving birth to alive twins is very, very rare. Borderlining on impossible." Kazzie told her gently. "Only one of the children actually survives the birth."

"What?" Clary's voice was almost a whisper.

"Yeah...it's sad, but people hypothesize that the angel blood that runs through Nephilim picks a fetus leaving the other, essentially defenseless against the power of the runes that are painted on the parent." She licked her lips. "Basically making the other fetus a...a mundane."

"But then...how are we alive?" She pointed between them. "That doesn't make sense."

"Well, like I said how it's almost impossible, there have been a few exceptions to this and that's when my dad's research really started." Kas said. "While he was digging, he found out there had been two successful births. Only because one of the twins in both of those, was a Downworlder."